Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help needed

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    as an old firefighter I once worked with would say in times as this, "SOMEONE PUT A TENT ON THIS CIRCUS!"

Must be a joke though right? No way someone read all there is on here and went with the gun that has a coiled snake on it.

Feedback Score
    Completely, utterly, 100% translucent.

Feedback Score
    Welcome to M4C DevineAngel.

1st, don't ever listen to anyone in the military or law enforcement (FYI, I'm retired Army) about firearms unless they are in a SOF type unit that actually hunts down and shoots people on a daily basis, or used to.

2d, don't take offense to previous comments. This is a rough crowd that, although our hearts are in the right place, the delivery can be quite abrasive to those that are uninformed or those that spread hearsay. (You need a thick skin, don't take it personal).

3d, sorry that you didn't listen to some of the members advise and do some research on this forum before your recent purchase. You would have made a more quality purchase backed by sage advice, and no one would have been able to BS you into buying a lesser quality weapon.

4th, a lot of folks here shoot, and I mean a lot... as a serious hobby, on their home ranges and attend formal instruction. I normally shoot 17-20K rounds a year, and I'm probably in the minority. Some are still in harms way and use this weapon on a daily basis. A lot are ex-military, active/reserve/NG, LEOs and like minded civilian enthusiast. Most folks here are 'switched on' about most things related to firearms, gear, ammo, tactics, training, and everything else related. Most do not think all ARs are created equal and consider ARs fighting weapons, not range toys.

5th, we learn from each others experiences and share that knowledge for the benefit of it's members, and with anyone else who wishes to truly learn. 1st hand experiences only, again not hearsay from a neighbors, gunstore employees, uncles, former this/that, or internet rumor.

Finally, I hope your fiance enjoys his very cool gift from you and invite you both to learn all you can about that weapon, and how to, should the need arise, effectively employ it. Stick around, read a lot and learn something.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    DivineAngel - Welcome to the forum. Do stick around, lurk for a while and do some reading, or at least get your significant other to do so. You will learn a lot just by random reading of threads, and learn the proper terminology, and acronyms commonly used here. It will also help to give you criteria on properly using the search function with a little success. The stickies in the top of each sub forum are a huge help in the learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    2d, don't take offense to previous comments. This is a rough crowd that, although our hearts are in the right place, the delivery can be quite abrasive to those that are uninformed or those that spread hearsay. (You need a thick skin, don't take it personal)....
    There really should be a warning in the new membership registration that clearly states that.

The time honored tradition for those who wish to share their experiences and help others learn... "The only stupid question is the one that is not asked" absolutely does not apply here at M4C.

Those questions are met with profanity, accusations of being a troll, insults, flaming, butt chewing for not using the orange search button, then eventually someone will man up and answer the question in a civil and helpful manner. This is presuming that the person asking the question did not meet first 5 responses in the same manner and were banned by a trigger happy moderator.

Yeah, I'm ****in' new here, and to the world of ARs. I too have a lot of questions, and am trying to learn from members of a forum that I was referred to on another forum (like most new members). There seems to be a large number of members here that would rather fling expletives, than keep their fingers off the keyboard, or actually help contribute to the topic at hand.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have to give DivineAngel credit for not taking offense.

Hang in there Angel, everyone is entitled to their mistakes and to learn from them. Don't let us curmudgeons run you off. Won't be long before you tell us how you've added a Colt/BCM/DD to the home armory for serious use
    Last edited by MistWolf; 12-30-11 at 10:49.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    The item has been purchased, the gift has been given, and advice has been delivered.
    There is nothing good to come from the continuation of this thread.

Divine Angel, it's great to see a female buying a firearm for her fiance, regardless of make or model. If you seek additional information that cannot be found with research, please let us know, and we invite your fiance to drop in to learn more about the platform.

Have a happy holiday and good shooting.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123