Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any info on Ares Defense GSR-35 piston conversion?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Any info on Ares Defense GSR-35 piston conversion?

Does anyone have any info about this kit? I've called, left message, emailed them and I can't get anything. I'd like to try one. I may have to save my pennies and just get a LWRC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have had one for about a year or so, what would you like to know?

Feedback Score
    Not my thread but I'll chime in.
    Is it reliable? Is it sturdy? What are your likes/dislikes with the system? Would you buy it again?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Not my thread but I'll chime in.
    Is it reliable? Is it sturdy? What are your likes/dislikes with the system? Would you buy it again?
    100% reliable through thousands of rounds. sturdy and solid after 1 year, no parts breakage. I run it on a Bushmaster 14.5 Full-Auto Gun. Gun gets hard use, 1000+ rounds in a few hours if I am on a roll. Lots of mag dumps, almost no semi-auto use at all. I lend it to others at shoots, they shoot who knows what through it. Lots of C-Mag Dumps, Silencers, etc.

Easy install/uninstall. Other kits require MFG to install, or are not portable. If this did not work, I could easy return to regular gas system.

Does what I want it to do - not dump gas crud into upper receiver. No melted gas tubes from C-Mag dumps, Silencer use, no broken bolts, stake problems, gas rings or other problems.

After 1000 rounds, it is still clean.

There is really nothing I dislike about it, though at $400, it would be nice if it was a little less costly.

Would I get it again? Sure, but I really do not see a need for it unless it is going on a F/A gun. I do not run it on my LMT/MRP for example (SPR config), nor do I plan to buy one for any of my Semi-Auto guns. I would certainly buy it again though for F/A use.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper1408 View Post
    I've called, left message, emailed them and I can't get anything.
    That is my first clue that I probably would have difficulty solving any problems if they don't respond to inquiries about their product, I doubt their customer service would be much better after you bought it.

Feedback Score
    I'd probably wait it out for the Primary Weapons conversion kit. So far they appear to really have their head in the game, and being able to work under many rails is a big plus. I haven't seen many complaints about the ARES system though.

Then again, with things such as the Masada, SCAR, and the 416 coming along in 2008 possibly, it's going to be a rough call for those wanting something new and "improved".
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    If HK does bring the 416 to the civilian market, then there is no doubt that is what I will get, but should I count on it becoming available?

I am interested in the Ares because it is a short stroke piston and seems to be an easy upgrade, but if they won't take my money then it might as well not exist.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    but if they won't take my money then it might as well not exist.
    No they do not take your money, you will have to give it to a dealer. I think I got mine from Dennys.

Feedback Score
    Have a link? Do you know what the LEO price is? The brochure says they offer a significant discount to LE and active military.

Feedback Score
    If HK does bring the 416 to the civilian market, then there is no doubt that is what I will get, but should I count on it becoming available?

I am interested in the Ares because it is a short stroke piston and seems to be an easy upgrade, but if they won't take my money then it might as well not exist.
    Good point.

Denny's Guns.
    https://0186cdf.netsolstores.com/ind...ROD&ProdID=259

PK Firearms.
    http://pkfirearms.com/store/get_item...type=0&term=94
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast