Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any LEO wearing "war belts" on duty?

Feedback Score
    I strongly believe that since we wear more gear now then ever, guys are wearing their belts too tightly to keep them from contantly slipping down due to all the weight, and this is one (preventable) source of health problems in cops. There have been a few studies on this that support this. Now that I'm over the hill, I'm feeling the effects of job more and more.

Have tried several duty rigs over the years About 2 months ago I started using a HSGI "suregrip" belt with HSGI suspenders. So far I like it a lot.

Our admin is very open to what we use, so no problems from them about it. Most of our patrol guys wear suspenders and nylon gear, and our patrol uniform is utilities, so my setup looks similar to what's already widely in use.

If your agency forbids such things, consider the TD Labs belt mods and also the various hidden suspenders on the market.

Spreading the pressure/weight of the belt out over more surface area is very beneficial, IMO.

Feedback Score
    Dos Cylindros,

This might be the thing you´re looking for:

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/Catalo...&ObjectType=27

Makes a huge difference as far as comfort and portability goes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Slightly OT but if your department authorizes them, duty suspenders are well worth the $$. We authorize Orca's duty suspenders as the only one right now. I have worn mine for about 10 years now and love them. When I started having some lower back discomfort, I went to these and never looked back. About half of our agency wears them now..the other half is too cheap to buy them.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Dos Cylindros,

This might be the thing you´re looking for:

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/Catalo...&ObjectType=27

Makes a huge difference as far as comfort and portability goes.
    The problem with belt pads like the TT is that you lose the ability to secure the duty belt to the inner belt. That is a serious retention issue. In a military context, the issue is not as great. In a LE context, we deal with people (compliant and not-so-compliant) at close range on a daily basis. Knowing where your pistol (or non-lethal's) are is too important to ditch keepers.
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    Didn´t really consider that, learn something new everyday I guess

I´m in LE too, but we use a drop-leg holsters for our pistols and ammo+handcuffs on the left, which both keep the belt in place.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 12-08-11 at 07:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtjosh View Post
    The problem with belt pads like the TT is that you lose the ability to secure the duty belt to the inner belt. That is a serious retention issue. In a military context, the issue is not as great. In a LE context, we deal with people (compliant and not-so-compliant) at close range on a daily basis. Knowing where your pistol (or non-lethal's) are is too important to ditch keepers.
    I second that. When we do LE training and I am acting as the aggressor in defensive tactics, if i notice a student with no keepers the first thing i do when attacking/going hands on is to grab their belt and spin it so their weapon is at the center of their back. That tends to be a good lesson for everyone as to the importance of keepers on a duty belt.
    "Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minuets to hours?"
    -Gordon Lightfoot

Taking up bandwidth one smiley at a time

BT
    NNNN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12