56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the 700?

20 35.71%
  • Trade 700 for SPR build?

36 64.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade my 700 for an SPR?

Feedback Score
    I just traded a Remmy 700 in .308 for a Larue Stealth upper a couple weeks ago. Only reason I did the trade is that I have another one in the safe as well as a issued 700.
    After shooting the Larue, I'm not sorry about the trade at all! But like I said, wouldn't have traded if I didn't have other. 308's in the safe. I'll never be without a .308 bolt gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I traded my .308 SPS Tac for a suitable pile of AR, which I have posted up in a thread in here. Mind you, it's not MILSPEC clone SPR or anything, but it performs. I say trade and go for it. I haven't looked back after taking mine shooting and it printed groups like it did.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I wrestled with the same thing for several months before finally selling the 700 for $3500.00 (actually a loss) as a complete package and going with a Noveske Recon for work. My thoughts were that for my purposes a 5.56 precision semi auto was more than adequate for my job as a law enforcement precision rifleman(sniper). I did this about 18 months back and haven't had any reason to question my decision.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    I thought you were talking about the FN SPR.

Me personally I like going out once in a while and doing some slow shooting for precision, it's just fun having a 7.62 bolt gun.
    That said if you can't build an SPRish 5.56, it does make sense to sell the Remington. But I would look into building one and trying to keep the 700. quality parts are hella cheap right now dawg.
    RLTW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12