Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: FrogLube...behind the scenes, at a glance

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Univibe View Post
    There's a flavor-of-the-month thing going on for AR lubes, just as there is for the rifles themselves.

Few years ago, it was "Militec is essence of the Gods!"

Then we cast Militec aside, and worshipped at the altar of Slip 2000.

Now the hot stuff is Froglube.

Meanwhile, old Univibe pegs along, putting BF LP on the bolt generously, BF CLP lightly everywhere else . . . .
    BF CLP is a just decent cleaner, a marginal lubricant, and an excellent preservative.

This is a technical forum where we discuss tangibles. This is how people learn and product performance progresses. By combining knowledge and experience about new products all of us learn and progress. Remember, "all of us are smarter than one of us."

This thread needs more non-informative posts such as yours like a fish needs a bicycle.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Also, Mr Lasky did also say that he and others who wish to remain anonymous did "take the lubricant from an industrial setting".

Feedback Score
    While I like and will continue to use Froglube untill I see reason to do otherwise, I have to say that Froglube seems to getting far more scrutiny than any other lubricant I have seen discussed on the internet. I doubt we can even find data on a fourball wear test for the various forms of Slip2000. And I tried out Froglube while being generally satisfied with Slip2000. I've never even seen anyone ask for them for data on a fourball wear test or from any other firearms lubricant.

Why there is so much scrutiny on Froglube, I don't know, other than it seems to sit in a different paradigm of lubrication than what we are used to. I'm glad the scrutiny is there, though it does seem a little OCD.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    There is plenty of technical data for slip on the net. I would link but am on my cell.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Thousands of years ago man used clubs and spears to hunt. 600 years ago (approx.) people thought the earth was square.

Things change......it's called progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Univibe View Post
    There's a flavor-of-the-month thing going on for AR lubes, just as there is for the rifles themselves.

Few years ago, it was "Militec is essence of the Gods!"

Then we cast Militec aside, and worshipped at the altar of Slip 2000.

Now the hot stuff is Froglube.

Meanwhile, old Univibe pegs along, putting BF LP on the bolt generously, BF CLP lightly everywhere else . . . .

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Has anyone ever heard about beating a dead horse. Still entirely too much Bull Shit and not enough ice cream. I've got a pretty good supply of FL, but for those who don't like it or may be afraid it will turn your bolt to concrete, there are a few of us that would be glad for the gift. I don't care if it's made out of ground monkey nuts for some secret space project. It's working for me. That is all !

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Spent about 20 minutes speaking with the retired Captain/Seal today.
    It was entertaining and informative and I'll be trying his product.
    former cat herder

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm going to give FL a shot. I have used Eezox because of the rust preventative properties. If FL is as good or better, I will stick with it.

O

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin801 View Post
    Has anyone ever heard about beating a dead horse. Still entirely too much Bull Shit and not enough ice cream. I've got a pretty good supply of FL, but for those who don't like it or may be afraid it will turn your bolt to concrete, there are a few of us that would be glad for the gift. I don't care if it's made out of ground monkey nuts for some secret space project. It's working for me. That is all !
    I agree,,I just cleaned one of my ARs that I gave the FL treatment to back in July or so & during that time I did 2 Carbine Shoots,,(Not a class,,just Fun shootin) lots of range trips with well over 1k of Wolf,,Priva 556,,reloads etc and I pretty much wiped everything down & reapplied & my Go To Rifle is ready for a Training Class this Sunday !!! I took a tooth brush and hit the Bolt lugs for about 10 seconds,,,scrapped the tail of the bolt,,barely,,there were like 2 or 3 tiny spots of carbon on it,,thats it !!! It took me half the time it normally does !! I Like it,,I believe in it and will use it exclusively from now on,,,I think its awesome stuff !!! Well,,thats my 2cents worth,,take it for what it is I guess. I have over 800 rds of Wolf for the Class this weekend,,plus some otherBrass cased stuff as backup,,I'll look the rifle over when I get home from the class and do a evaluation after a Solid Hard day & let ya know how it looks !!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by An Undocumented Worker View Post
    I doubt we can even find data on a fourball wear test for the various forms of Slip2000. .
    Here is the Four-Ball Wear Test results from Slip along with other test results:
    http://www.slip2000.com/gunlube_info.html

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast