Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFX-A1 Stock Review

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

EFX-A1 Stock Review

Got a chance to go shooting today and test out my new EFX-A1 stock. I have been switching out and testing parts for the better part of 6 months while building my rifle. I am officially done and couldn’t be more pleased!

Back to the point of this thread…the EFX-A1.

Initial impressions: The build quality is nice, clean smooth edges and very sturdy feel to it.

Install: I ordered a full kit from stag arms which included everything to go from a carbine gas system to a rifle / A1 system. Install was easy and quick, stock fit up perfect and the whole process took under 10 minutes.

Testing: I loaded 5 proven mags with 2rds each. All locked back as expected. Then I fired 5 30 rd pmags and a few 20 rounders. Again, all were perfect.

Conclusion: For 100 bucks I feel like this was a steal. Great product, great customer service (called MAGS llc twice with questions) and great price.

A few pictures…

I ordered some small bottles to fit in the storage compartment to store oil in. Ill post some more pictures when they come in. Any questions feel free to ask away.

-J

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Looks kind of neat. How secure is the storage latch? Also as far as storage capacity it looks to be a bit less than an A1 stock, correct?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 13MPG View Post
    Looks kind of neat. How secure is the storage latch? Also as far as storage capacity it looks to be a bit less than an A1 stock, correct?
    It is very secure, I dont see a situation where it would come open on its own. As far as capacity I think sticks photos will give you a better idea of size.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...resting-stock/

I like the idea of keeping oil in the compartment, I ordered some dropper bottles from a plastics company that should be here soon. I had to order 50...but whatever haha. In my MOE I keep a spare bolt, firing pin & clip. Now ill be able to keep oil securly on board so as far as stopages go I should be covered for 99%+.

EDIT:

For those interetsted.

http://www.stagarms.com/product_info...roducts_id=373

90 bucks + shipping for a complete conversion.

-J
    Last edited by jdodd; 02-19-11 at 05:03.

Feedback Score
    Nice to see a positive review of the stock, as I've got one on the way myself ;-)

I ordered from Brownells, they got them for $80 without buffertube etc, so the deal at Stag is actually pretty good...
    Thomas

der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the review and the pictures. Gives a good idea of what you get. I will probably be swapping out my A1 for this stock.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review. This looks like a great option for those of us in ban states who are looking for a standard length stock. Hopefully they'll also offer a shorter length stock that uses a carbine length receiver extension in the future.
    Last edited by ballistic; 02-20-11 at 06:17.

Feedback Score
    Very nice... What is the benifit of this model/brand over the Vltor?

I'm glad to see more offerings for us in ban states.

Feedback Score
    Though I like the Vltor, it's not exactly a solid install on a a1 buffer tube.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't own a vltor, so I can't comment on it.

-J

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBones View Post
    Though I like the Vltor, it's not exactly a solid install on a a1 buffer tube.

What to you mean? It's very solid. Do you mean it's not a solid install on a carbine buffer? Even though mounting it on a carbine buffer seems less than ideal I don't know that it's any less secure than your basic carbine stock.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast