Thread: Build or Buy?

Feedback Score

Build or Buy?

Hi,

I've been a lurker for a while and finally joined. This forum seems like a good group. You got me to buy a BCM 14 RECCE. I bought it about a month ago and now I'm selling my bushmaster collection to buy more BCM quality firearms and quality accessories. Anyway....

I was looking to try and do a build and started listing the things I want and it seems what I want is mostly BCM parts. The only thing I would exchange is getting a magpul stock, trying a geissel trigger. Possibly a different free float hand guard. Like the one on a Daniel defense v7.
    Would it be best to just buy a BCM and replace those parts or do a build? Thank you in advance for your expertise and experience. I'm not new to guns but new to good guns and definitely to doing a build.

I wouldn't mind doing a build just for the things I would learn if it'll cost the same.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Specify exactly what you want from a quality manufacturer and order a whole gun and then wait...
    A manufacturer can build (with a warranty) cheaper than you can buy quality parts and buy tools, and read directions, and start assembly, and etc.
    ... but it is neat to build one.

Unless, you want such specific components a manufacturer cannot provide...buy.

But maybe it's just me...

Feedback Score
    I feel silly for my lack of knowledge in this. I've only bought over the counter so I did not know I can do that from a company lol
    That's great news. So I've been reading that g&r(I think that's his company name) can get pretty much a bcm rifle with a Daniel defense free float hand rail? If not, what is comparable to that? The only complaint I have for my bcm is the quad rail. I like having the top rail and maybe some 1' rails I can choose to put on a few places like for AFG.

Feedback Score
    https://danieldefense.com/daniel-def...ht-barrel.html shop around online for cheaper deal
    Navy Vet 83-91
    NRA Life member

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Orange button search, using the title of this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/gtsearch.p...1703j280191j12
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons