Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My version of the BCM / EAG Hotel Sierra

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

My version of the BCM / EAG Hotel Sierra

When I planed this build I had the following in mind;
    Quality, KISS, LW, General Purpose. I was a little surprised when I saw almost an exact copy (BCM/EAG Hotel Sierra) of my rifle in the December Issue of SWAT Magazine.
    I've had this rifle since beginning of this year and after trying some different things, this is the final incarnation with which I'm very content with. I still need to add a VTAC Light with IWC mount & I'm going to get the MS3 Sling as soon as it hit's the streets.

The Lower Receiver is a LMT with Geissele SSA-E, Magpul Miad, BAD, ASAP and CTR. There's really not much to say about these choices as they are all personal preference.
    The Upper Receiver has a 16" BCM BFH LW Mid-Length barrel with BCM BCG and Mod 4 CH. I wanted a 14.5" barrel with pinned muzzle device but I might end up getting a Silencer for it so I went with the 16" to keep my options open. If I ever do get a silencer, I'll likely have my barrel cut. The following parts are residing on the upper; custom stippled MOE Hand-guard, MVG that I trimmed to a hand stop to keep the Rifle light weight and sleek. The rear sight is a Troy Fixed Battle Sight which is sturdy as hell. on the business end I mounted a Battlecomp 1.0 which allows for very fast follow-up shots, make sure you wear hearing protection.
    I replaced the Eotech EXPS I've had on this Rifle with a Aimpoint T1 mounted on a Larue LT660 mount for lower 1/3 co-witness.
    Making headshots @ 200 yards is no problem with this setup.

Empty weight w/o mag is exactly 7 lbs.
    I think that's it. Here are some pics:

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I like it alot.

Finally a CTR owner that knows how to lock his stock
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    This could be a dumb question, and I don't mean to derail the topic, but what do you mean by this?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I like it alot.

lol - thanks!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yugotprblms View Post
    This could be a dumb question, and I don't mean to derail the topic, but what do you mean by this?
    I was going to bring a picture up, but for some reason m4carbine.net is the only site that is working for me right now

Anyway, the Magpul CTR stock has a friction locking mechanism. In most pictures online, the locking mechanism is unlocked essentially making it a Magpul MOE stock with a sling QD point (about $40 cheaper than the CTR). Its a good way to see how some people spend money on something they don't even use.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh okay, I see what you mean. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The Friction lock device is the reason I bought the CTR in the first place....can't stand wobbly stocks.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Well, I've decided to do some upgrades. I replaced the CTR with a B5, the MOE HG with a DD Omega. I still need to get a better light and the MS3 Sling.
    Was sighting it in today, got a 2" 5 shot group at 100 yards with the Aimpoint T1 and American Tactical SS109. Don't pay attention to the square target ...the round one is the final result of the sight-in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just an fyi, Magpul has lowered it's retail price for the CTR to $79.95. It's only $20.00 more than the MOE now.

I was going to bring a picture up, but for some reason m4carbine.net is the only site that is working for me right now

Anyway, the Magpul CTR stock has a friction locking mechanism. In most pictures online, the locking mechanism is unlocked essentially making it a Magpul MOE stock with a sling QD point (about $40 cheaper than the CTR). Its a good way to see how some people spend money on something they don't even use.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands View Post
    Was sighting it in today, got a 2" 5 shot group at 100 yards with the Aimpoint T1 and American Tactical SS109.
    You can't ask for much better than that on a fighting carbine.

I'm happy when I can do that with a 20" A2.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast