Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modern SPR - Noveske & KAC style

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post

I will say the barrel loves .223 Hornady 55gr VMAX. If you want to shoot a ragged hole at 100 yards, try out a box.
    I have a small stash of T2, but not enough to use it regularly. I just picked up a couple boxes of the 55 gr. Vmax to try out too. I will also be testing out some mk 262, 75 gr. TAP steel case, prvi 75 and 75 gr. black hills blue box.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Let me know how the 75gr steel TAP works. I suspect it may be a little more dirty, but as long as the POI is similar (Within MOA) of the 5.56mm flavor, I'll probably end up running that.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Let me know how the 75gr steel TAP works. I suspect it may be a little more dirty, but as long as the POI is similar (Within MOA) of the 5.56mm flavor, I'll probably end up running that.
    If I may, I'd suggest trying this for your training ammo: http://www.southwestammunition.com/p...5675otmrng.htm

Southwest makes excellent 5.56 and the price is certainly right. Plus, you get 10% off your order through the end of this week.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I've run it in my SR15 with good success. It was actually responsible for my best groups out of that rifle at 1.2" @ 100 yds (10 rounds). Very reliable as well, unlike other steel cased ammo I've tried. It also proved very effective on a hog last year.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    If I may, I'd suggest trying this for your training ammo: http://www.southwestammunition.com/p...5675otmrng.htm

Southwest makes excellent 5.56 and the price is certainly right. Plus, you get 10% off your order through the end of this week.
    Thanks for the tip. I ordered 350 rounds in 75, 77 & 69 gr. flavors to try out in the new SPR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Question. I see the QD mount holes on your lower under the buffer tube mount. Did you do that yourself or is that something on the KAC lowers? If you did it yourself mind giving us a quick how-to?? I like the way that is done.

Feedback Score
    Very cool. I guess that tells me all I need to know about the feasibility of cutting my 20" down to 17". How reliable is it, in your experience? any Idea on the gas port size?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by McLarenross View Post
    Question. I see the QD mount holes on your lower under the buffer tube mount. Did you do that yourself or is that something on the KAC lowers? If you did it yourself mind giving us a quick how-to?? I like the way that is done.
    Standard feature of the KAC sr15 e3 lowers.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfgk14 View Post
    Very cool. I guess that tells me all I need to know about the feasibility of cutting my 20" down to 17". How reliable is it, in your experience? any Idea on the gas port size?

Thanks.
    I just finished the build and haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet. Gas port size was spec'd by MSTN and has not been disclosed. Feedback from other users has been good, with no reliability issues reported. Of course, this probably wouldn't apply to a cut down 20" without an adjustment to the port size.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Beautiful rifle, mtdawg. It should be a shooter.

Given Noveske's excellent reputation for precise muzzle threading and the nice barrel profile, your SPR is begging for a suppressor...
    Agreed.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast