Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modern SPR - Noveske & KAC style

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    That is why I went with the flash hider I did. I keep eyeing up the matching Surefire suppressor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I just finished the build and haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet. Gas port size was spec'd by MSTN and has not been disclosed. Feedback from other users has been good, with no reliability issues reported. Of course, this probably wouldn't apply to a cut down 20" without an adjustment to the port size.
    Hmmm...I wish I had more immediate access to someone I trusted with such work.

Anyway, very cool build.
    Last edited by Kfgk14; 12-01-11 at 19:40.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If Surefire ever made a version of the FA reflex can with the Micro or Mini baffle stack, I'd be sold on SF cans across the board.

MT, Since you're already weighting the advantages/disadvantage of an SBR or a suppressor first, I'd say go ahead and build the SBR (I'm going to go out on a limb and guess a 11.5" CHF w/ URX handguard) and set it up to use the same can as this.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    If Surefire ever made a version of the FA reflex can with the Micro or Mini baffle stack, I'd be sold on SF cans across the board.

MT, Since you're already weighting the advantages/disadvantage of an SBR or a suppressor first, I'd say go ahead and build the SBR (I'm going to go out on a limb and guess a 11.5" CHF w/ URX handguard) and set it up to use the same can as this.
    Good idea. I have been eyeing the KAC factory SBRs, specifically waiting on the Block III that will be available shortly. In truth, I will probably end up with another custom build, using a 12.5" CHF barrel.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I finally got out to shoot this one on Monday. Mostly just initial test firing & zero of the irons & scope. I have not had a chance to do any real accuracy testing yet. Without any real effort, I was able to get a couple of 1" 5-shot groups at 100 yds with some 75 gr. Hornady TAP practice .223 ammo. I'm looking forward to trying out a few better loads to see what it is really capable of. The most notable thing was the recoil, or I should say the lack of recoil. The 17" barrel with rifle length gas was exceptionally soft. Noticeably softer than my SR15, which is really saying something. It is a real joy to shoot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    What buffer/spring were you using for your test shoot?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    What buffer/spring were you using for your test shoot?
    Standard carbine buffer spring & h buffer. I don't really see a need to try anything else at this point. It shoots great as is and had no issues with weaker Centurion .223 ammo. I will need to put alot more rounds through it to really determine reliability though.

Feedback Score
    Nice. I love that rail.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Love the build man - what optic are you going to save up for? magnification, etc?

I think you made the right chioce on the bipod, and the G trigger, well we all know what the consensus is on Geissele.

Great build - keep em coming

Bryant
    "When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." – Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime View Post
    Love the build man - what optic are you going to save up for? magnification, etc?

I think you made the right chioce on the bipod, and the G trigger, well we all know what the consensus is on Geissele.

Great build - keep em coming

Bryant
    I'm looking at the NF 2.5-10 x 32, and now considering the Leupold mk VI as well. I was hoping that Trijicon would have a new variable power optical at SHOT, but they seem to be a no show.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast