Thread: VFG specifically for VTAC rail?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

VFG specifically for VTAC rail?

Just out of sheer curiosity, has anyone produced a VFG specifically for the VTAC/Troy rails? I am currently running the LaRue FUG (which is great by the way), but, I did purchase my rail initially for the rail-less look. Now before you ask me why I am running a VFG now, it was never in the original plan. I shot a buddies carbine the other day and liked how it handled much better. It gives me much better control over the rifle, constantly having a hand stop there without feeling around or thinking too much. This thread doesn't need to be taken too seriously, I'm just bored browsing the internet.

So...
    Is my setup functional now? Yes.
    Do I like how it looks? Yes.
    Would I like my VFG to be flush though and look like it's meant for this rail? Yes...

I've searched quite a bit on Google and never really brought anything up. So, has anyone modified anything to make their hand stops/vfg's flush with the rail? Or are there any manufacturers out there with something to solve this? Lets hear some input, please.

Flame suit on.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I wish Windows Photo Gallery hadn't just taken a dump on me - it is possible to modify and attach a MagPul MOE VFG (MVG?) directly - the wings protrude a tiny bit on the side because of the different rail OD, but it's pretty close.
    Also, the LT Hand Stops can be modified in the same way to attach to a back plate. I'm pretty sure IWC has a Mount&Slot handstop that behaves the same too.

I'll just have to find the thread for affixing an MVG to the VTAC (or TRX) rail, I know it exists here.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    IWC hand stop was my solution. no mods needed to mount it and works great as a reference point.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice rifle OP.

If you can find the JP/VTAC plates, do this to an RVG:

The Magpul RVG's picatinny rail has identical screw spacing to the JP/VTAC rail backing plate. I had one floating around the shop one day when I took a look at the two and found them to be compatible with each other.

The RVG's polymer plate accepted a countersink bit very easily, making room for the JP countersink screws to fasten securely to.

I did a black RIT dye to the FDE plate and pistol grip, and afterwards installed the JP/VTAC plate into the Troy forearm. The width of the slot is identical, however the lengths are different.

The newly fastened RVG pic-rail and RVG went onto the Troy VTAC forearm with wonerfully clean lines. I will do this again on my next rifle, which will be an Accurate Armory LE Light midlength with a Troy VTAC 11 over a shaved FSB.

If you have any further questions on how this works, let me know. I'd be glad to help further.

Last edited by LMTRocks; 11-30-11 at 03:28.
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That's exactly what I did. ^^^ if you look closely, I cut down and re-painted the bolt on picatinny rail that was supplied with the VTAC setup.