Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best aftermarket trigger for 700 for field use

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 84B20 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply to this old thread but I just got a new Rem 700 and had an issue with the new X-Mark Pro trigger that isn't related to the original issue. After about 300 rounds I found that the bolt release was not functioning and had to resort to using a broken shell extractor to push up on the release to for it up just to contact the bolt stop. I was able to send it to Remington (one of their remote repair sites and have it fixed quickly) but lost faith in its reliability. I decided to replace it with an after market trigger and during my research discovered the benefits of a two stage trigger over the single stage version. I decided on a Huber two stage one for a number of reasons not the least being it durability in sever field conditions. If any of you are interested they are on sale now for $70 off the regular price of $395. I know that is a steep price but for me it seems worth it. Just use the discount code HUBER325 (look at the top of the cart for the entry point). Be sure to view the videos on his site, they are very interesting and informative. And no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way other than being a new customer.
    I ordered one as well (on the 6th) but I'm some what nervous, it has not shipped yet and my email has gone un-answered. Was just about to call them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    I ordered one as well (on the 6th) but I'm some what nervous, it has not shipped yet and my email has gone un-answered. Was just about to call them.
    I talked to John Huber yesterday and he said he was on his way to some shooting event. He also indicated it normally takes about 3 weeks to get the trigger out. I think they are built to order.
    NRA Life Member, JPFO member, NAGR member, 2nd Amendment Foundation member and Life Member of Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 996

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 84B20 View Post
    I talked to John Huber yesterday and he said he was on his way to some shooting event. He also indicated it normally takes about 3 weeks to get the trigger out. I think they are built to order.
    Placed a call and got voicemail. I'll wait another week or so before pushing the issue.

I'm fine with waiting as long as I know I'm waiting. I have to wait on the action anyways.

If it was going to take 3 weeks, it would have been nice to see that on the invoice or the website somewhere.

Feedback Score
    he was an RO for the USMC Sniper Association's memorial stage for Sgt Robinson at the snipershide cup.

i like the x-treme (cg jackson) trigger a lot better. or the new tubb trigger.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    CG Xtreme Model 21 and 22.

http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/image...%20MILSPEC.pdf

They work in the field where it's dirty, wet, sandy, dusty, icy, and hot. Kills shit dead, too.

Feedback Score
    sinister, i totally agree on the reliability. i have 3 of them and shot over 40 matches with them, many of which are like this past weekend's snipershide cup which was 3 days in the rain and mud. never had a trigger malfunction. however i'm lefty so mine don't have safety or bolt release.

i posted though because of that trigger shoe. i find it slightly amusing that i don't think i've ever seen two of them with the same shoe. all 3 of mine are the same shape (reversible flat on one side and shallow curve on the other), but different colors (red, silver, gold). I haven't seen that deep curve shape before. did you select it on purpose or is it just what came with it?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It's an older shoe that I think has been simplified with the CG-22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    Placed a call and got voicemail. I'll wait another week or so before pushing the issue.

I'm fine with waiting as long as I know I'm waiting. I have to wait on the action anyways.

If it was going to take 3 weeks, it would have been nice to see that on the invoice or the website somewhere.
    I Just got notice that it shipped, can't wait!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234