Quote Originally Posted by 84B20 View Post
Sorry for the late reply to this old thread but I just got a new Rem 700 and had an issue with the new X-Mark Pro trigger that isn't related to the original issue. After about 300 rounds I found that the bolt release was not functioning and had to resort to using a broken shell extractor to push up on the release to for it up just to contact the bolt stop. I was able to send it to Remington (one of their remote repair sites and have it fixed quickly) but lost faith in its reliability. I decided to replace it with an after market trigger and during my research discovered the benefits of a two stage trigger over the single stage version. I decided on a Huber two stage one for a number of reasons not the least being it durability in sever field conditions. If any of you are interested they are on sale now for $70 off the regular price of $395. I know that is a steep price but for me it seems worth it. Just use the discount code HUBER325 (look at the top of the cart for the entry point). Be sure to view the videos on his site, they are very interesting and informative. And no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way other than being a new customer.
I ordered one as well (on the 6th) but I'm some what nervous, it has not shipped yet and my email has gone un-answered. Was just about to call them.