Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finished my wifes rifle :)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Finished my wifes rifle :)

I built this carbine for my wife. Nothing fancy, she just wanted something easier for her to handle compared to my 6920 in its current 9 pound configuration Cost me just under $650.00 to build the upper which was cheaper than buying a complete DD upper especially since I already had a spare DD rail on hand. The lower was built about 2 years ago shortly after purchasing a Spikes ST-22 upper. The complete carbine weighs in at 6.7 pounds empty which is just under what a stock 6920 weighs and light enough to get her out shooting more

Sorry for the crappy pic, camera sucks
    DD M4 upper receiver
    DD BCG
    DD 16" lightweight carbine length CHF barrel 1:7 twist / came with F marked FSB which had to be removed anyway to install the rail.
    Carbine gas tube also ordered from DD
    The lower is Spikes / marked multi cal. (originally built for my Spikes ST-22 upper)
    Colt lower parts kit
    My 6920 donated the grip / flash hider / carry handle rear sight / charging handle
    I stole the DD Lite rail off the ST-22 (which I replaced with the Omega that use to be on my 6920)
    Larue Index Clips on sides and bottom of the rail with ladder on top
    Also put a DD vertical grip on that was collecting dust in a drawer(not pictured)She likes it/hates my Magpul AVG2.

The upper was assembled tonight and we will be going to the range tomorrow to see how it does.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    It's very nice,I bet she liked it,gonna start a build for my fiancé soon gotta make it for a lefty though

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Evil... Looks good, I hope she likes it.

Mattyboy... The Brunton Bump makes the AR a lefty friendly weapon.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks guys. She did like it very much. We shot it today and it ran flawlessly. The first thing she asked me when I gave it to her was "Wheres my red dot?" LMAO! She likes my eotech so I may let her have it... so I can get a new optic for myself of course
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Quietmatt:awesome I'll check them out

Evil:lol your wife sounds awesome that's hilarious

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Nice and simple, wish I could get my girlfriend into shooting.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Posting on this because I just went on a tangent on kmr's post about a wife/gf rifle....

What am I missing here??

I'm kinda on "The separation of wife/gf and the things I do with my buddies/coworkers" IDK! Though I think it is good that she takes an interest in what you do and obviously knows how to operate a firearm I think I lack the patience.

My disclaimer here, I'm not trying to be sexiest here I just haven't met a girl that was cool enough and enjoyable enough to be serious about shooting/training or even be competitive in something like sporting clay. .... .. . . Still waiting on Nikki Lane to text me back I guess haha

Good for you my man! And 650 is a nice price point for something like that.
    Never quit, can't loose.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ache_d View Post
    Posting on this because I just went on a tangent on kmr's post about a wife/gf rifle....

What am I missing here??

I'm kinda on "The separation of wife/gf and the things I do with my buddies/coworkers" IDK! Though I think it is good that she takes an interest in what you do and obviously knows how to operate a firearm I think I lack the patience.

My disclaimer here, I'm not trying to be sexiest here I just haven't met a girl that was cool enough and enjoyable enough to be serious about shooting/training or even be competitive in something like sporting clay. .... .. . . Still waiting on Nikki Lane to text me back I guess haha

Good for you my man! And 650 is a nice price point for something like that.
    My wife didnt like guns AT ALL when we met. I had to slowly introduce her to the hobby. My tips for getting a woman hooked on guns(in no particular order:
    1: GO SLOW, start with a .22lr(suppressed prefered).
    2: DO NOT put 00Buck in a 12ga and hand it to her, she will never want to shoot again!
    3: Take her somewhere PRIVATE to shoot! Its easier to teach and easier for her to learn without others around blasting off rounds. If you dont have access to land, go to a public range during the slowest hours.
    4: Its a lot more fun for them if they can hit what they're shootn' so make that happen! Teach em about accuracy and if they SUCK then move the targets closer or make them bigger!
    5: Make her feel safe! She needs to know how to manipulate the weapon and feel comfortable holding it. (you shoot it first so she can see that the recoil isnt gonna put her on her ass)
    6: Once she is comfortable with the weapon get her one for herself. (Not with all the stuff YOU WANT either. Think about what suits her best, light weight / low recoil are prolly the 2 biggest)
    7: You're not gonna like this one but... DO SOMETHING SHE WANTS TO DO! Go to a frickin yoga class with her if thats what it takes! I did Its good leverage if you "give her hobby a try"

Thats just a few things I remember about getting my wife into guns. They are not in order of importance. They may or may not work for you. Take my advice at your own risk
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice setup! Hope she likes it. Fortunately my wife is kinda into guns too. Kinda funny, it seems like every new rifle I buy is "hers". Sooner or later she will stop falling for it

Feedback Score
    nice tips that can be used for nearly any hobby!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast