Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Custom made muzzle brake and handguard for AR-15

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I want to see this on SONSofGuns... or whatever that show is called.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I want to see this on SONSofGuns... or whatever that show is called.
    Actually, I like OP's work a lot better than Red Jacket. His machining is very well done... it's just the the um, practicality, of it that makes me wonder.

If this was on Sons of Guns, it would have been beaten into shape with a hammer and coated with black Rustoleum. OP is clearly a cut above that, no matter now much we've been ragging on him
    Oh no, not another lube thread! Read this first: Lubrication 101.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kartoffel View Post
    Actually, I like OP's work a lot better than Red Jacket. His machining is very well done... it's just the the um, practicality, of it that makes me wonder.

If this was on Sons of Guns, it would have been beaten into shape with a hammer and coated with black Rustoleum. OP is clearly a cut above that, no matter now much we've been ragging on him
    Its good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks the Red Jacket guys are hacks, they should change the name of that show to Clowns at a Circus or Scum of Guns.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Never actually seen the show. I knew by the ads that it was going to be a goofball fest.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I wonder how many fingers are gonna get caught in/ broken using that....uhh, handguard?!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil1969SS>LS6 View Post
    I wonder how many fingers are gonna get caught in/ broken using that....uhh, handguard?!
    ???

The same kind of handguards have been in production for over a decade. They are generally used on more competition based rifles, and not tactical rifles.

In fact, one of the lightest handguards I've ever seen has been this same design, but utilizing 100% carbon. Strong, light, and keeps the barrel as cool as humanly possible. It's a nitche market at the most.

Edit: If someone would break their finger in one of these handguards IMO I'd say they should stay away from firearms to begin with.
    Last edited by discreet; 12-10-11 at 00:25.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    You need to come up with a design to eliminate the delta ring and spring assembly and push the barrel nut end closer to the receiver, then machine the.......wait, WTF am I talking about????

Heck I like to tinker also, but just because you can, doesn't always mean you should.

But damn, kinda like a train wreck in that you just can't seem to look away when it happens. I am with IG, might as well clue us in on the muzzle device while your at it.

I do however appreciate your thinking "outside of the box" so good for you there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345