Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My "no-compromises" Lower.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I totally overlooked the 20'' bbl, that is a good decision then.

I've got an SSA-E on my SPR, and it's absolute butta.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Reck View Post
    Here is the B.A.D.-A.S.S. I am going to use. (Not the B.A.D. Lever by Magpul. Too many B.A.D. acronyms.)
    Oops! Poor reading reading on my part. My dyspepsia must have kicked in again
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Got the G&R Tactical LPK today. I went ahead and installed the mag release. I also installed the BAD-ASS and the Ergo Grip. I would have waited if it was a standard safety, but since I can remove the levers I went ahead now.

I'm still waiting for my Brownells roll pin starter, roll pin, & bolt catch punches so I haven't done the Bolt Catch.

I did do a dry fit of the bolt catch, and upon removal some sand or grit came out. I cleaned the rest of it out.

Feedback Score
    Not too much a fan of selectors with a allen (or torx) screw on each side. Just one more thing to vibrate loose IMO. I'd make sure to use some blue loc-tite on it to prevent any loosenings and loosing the selector while out hunting.

Also, with the ergo grip, if your using this for hunting in the winter, you might notice the grip is a tad large when using winter gloves. This is the one issue I have found with mine (reason I have a T/D grip sitting in the closet for when it's glove wearing season).
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    I will definitely (blue) loctite them, like I did the screws on the trigger guard. I am not too worried now, but if it is a problem, I always have the LMT safety to fall back on from my G&R LPK. But there's quite a bit of thread on those little screws; they should hold, and if they start backing out it will be readily visible before they fall off.

The Ergo grip is indeed on the large size with gloves, I found this out hunting this year. Luckily I have "XL" hands and it still seems to fit decent.

Now I've started daydreaming about my "no-compromises" upper. I definitely want a free floated stainless barrel with a magnified optic. I'm leaning towards a BCM Recce complete upper with a Leupold Mk 4 1.5-5. (Maybe not the sexiest optic but a solid choice I read.) Any thoughts on what kind of handguard? BCM offers DD, LT, and VTAC TRX. All seem respectable.
    Last edited by Paul.Reck; 12-08-11 at 09:03. Reason: Additional clarifications.

Feedback Score
    Update: Bolt Catch installed. Geissele SSA-E installed. Front Pivot Pin installed. No surprises there. ( I figured out a good method for me--I laid the receiver on its side and placed a small piece of paper over the pin hole. Inserted spring and detent, held detent in place on paper with left thumb and forefinger while applying pressure with the Pivot Pin itself. Once detent disappeared, I removed the paper and dropped the pin in the hole. First try, bam!

Changed my mind on the stock; wasn't terribly impressed with the feel of the A-5. Rifle RE, Buffer, and Spring are ordered, now deciding on stock. Leaning towards Magpul PRS...
    Last edited by Paul.Reck; 12-12-11 at 21:38.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12