Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First full build(sbr) has been started

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm not speaking for anyone but myself but the guys in here are pretty involved in this weapons system and take each and every part that goes into it very seriously.
    Iraqgunz knows his shit. As shitty as his reply might have sounded to you, he's trying to steer you in the RIGHT direction. Just go with it and welcome to M4C.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    I'm not speaking for anyone but myself but the guys in here are pretty involved in this weapons system and take each and every part that goes into it very seriously.
    Iraqgunz knows his shit. As shitty as his reply might have sounded to you, he's trying to steer you in the RIGHT direction. Just go with it and welcome to M4C.
    How is his response steering me in the right direction? His response was shitty and really not necessary.
    Last edited by Bulldog60; 12-08-11 at 08:46.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    There was nothing shitty in his response.

Feedback Score
    Iraqgunz is a very respected member here and putting it plainly, like others have said, he knows his shit and is very well versed in the platform.

He is just asking you to use the search button, the orange one. It will tell you everything you need to know and more.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I am curious what everyone doesn't like about the spikes lpk. The only part I can see people not liking is the kns pins as they serve no purpose, besides looking cool. Lol I for one really like their battle trigger as well as every product of theirs I have used. I'm obviously not the most knowledgable member here, but I'm far from the least.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    My wife used all of the sugar, so I wasn't able to coat the answer. Because you used the term mill speck in your post, yet you apparently don't even know what it means or is. It wasn't shitty. I pointed out as I have a hundred other times that USING THE SEARCH BUTTON will often times provide alot of information. Some people seem more focused on posting rather than taking the time to read.

Spike's and the parts used has been discussed numerous times. Nothing that Spike's makes is MILSPEC. As you will discover if you take the time to read the only companies that can truly claim MILSPEC are those that have access to the TDP and are making weapons for the government.

There are other companies that source excellent parts and in some cases they are probably getting them from some of the same vendors (where applicable) but they still aren't MILSPEC.

Aside from Colt LPK's, the only ones I would use would the ones that GandRtactical puts together or Daniel Defense.

[QUOTE=Bulldog60;1163330]Sarcastic tone? How is that answering my question? Why do you assume that I need to know what Mil Spec is? Am I misunderstanding your reply?[/QUOTE]

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Iraqgunz;1164188]My wife used all of the sugar, so I wasn't able to coat the answer. Because you used the term mill speck in your post, yet you apparently don't even know what it means or is. It wasn't shitty. I pointed out as I have a hundred other times that USING THE SEARCH BUTTON will often times provide alot of information. Some people seem more focused on posting rather than taking the time to read.

Spike's and the parts used has been discussed numerous times. Nothing that Spike's makes is MILSPEC. As you will discover if you take the time to read the only companies that can truly claim MILSPEC are those that have access to the TDP and are making weapons for the government.

There are other companies that source excellent parts and in some cases they are probably getting them from some of the same vendors (where applicable) but they still aren't MILSPEC.

Aside from Colt LPK's, the only ones I would use would the ones that GandRtactical puts together or Daniel Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog60 View Post
    Sarcastic tone? How is that answering my question? Why do you assume that I need to know what Mil Spec is? Am I misunderstanding your reply?[/QUOTE]
    Wow all this for asking what was wrong with Spikes and don't they have MILSPECK, sorry for the miss spelling, I did mean to spell it milspec, but I am sure all this isn't because of my poor spelling.

This is from Spikes Web Site:
    "The Spike’s Enhanced LPK also features a Mil-Spec bolt catch, mag catch, and mag catch button. As well as utilizing Mil-Spec detents, plungers, pins, and springs. We also include quality spiral roll pins for the trigger guard and bolt catch as well as a ¼” allen screw and washer for the Ergo grip."

I do know what military specification means I did my time in the military. I do read and I do my research. You assume I don't know what mil spec is based on what? Spikes clams that these parts are mil spec. Go visit their web site and see.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I don't give a shit what Spike's says. This is why I told you to READ ABD USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION. There is a lengthy thread about what is MILSPEC and what it means.

Have you ever heard or MARKETING before? That is what they are doing. If you don't like the answer don't ask the question or make a statement when it's not true.

I know what MILSPEC means and obviously you do not. So once again I am asking you to use the SEARCH button or Google or ask the wise Chinese guy what MISLPEC is and how it is applicable in this case.

[QUOTE=Bulldog60;1164194]
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    My wife used all of the sugar, so I wasn't able to coat the answer. Because you used the term mill speck in your post, yet you apparently don't even know what it means or is. It wasn't shitty. I pointed out as I have a hundred other times that USING THE SEARCH BUTTON will often times provide alot of information. Some people seem more focused on posting rather than taking the time to read.

Wow all this for asking what was wrong with Spikes and don't they have MILSPECK, sorry for the miss spelling, I did mean to spell it milspec, but I am sure all this isn't because of my poor spelling.

This is from Spikes Web Site:
    "The Spike’s Enhanced LPK also features a Mil-Spec bolt catch, mag catch, and mag catch button. As well as utilizing Mil-Spec detents, plungers, pins, and springs. We also include quality spiral roll pins for the trigger guard and bolt catch as well as a ¼” allen screw and washer for the Ergo grip."

I do know what military specification means I did my time in the military. I do read and I do my research. You assume I don't know what mil spec is based on what? Spikes clams that these parts are mil spec. Go visit their web site and see.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I did use the search button and searched for Spikes, not Mil Spec. I found many pages starting from 2009 about Spikes. I read about 4 pages and almost all comments were positive. After reading almost four pages of positive info I felt that reading the next 15 or so pages was not necessary. I am not stupid so I know what marketing is however, I am having a difficult time understanding what MIL SPEC is so what I will do is give Spikes a call and ask them if they can help me understand what their version of mil spec is and then I will use the orange button on this forum and compare notes. I am not sure if it was this forum I performed that search of mil spec before or another forum but no matter I will do it again and compare more notes. I will post what Spikes version of mil spec is. If you have any questions you want me to ask them please let me know.

Feedback Score
    I did a google search for mil spec and guess what? I ended up here! It seems that the info on mil spec that I gathered was from this site after all, thanks Grant for your insite again. I will direct Spikes to this site and Grants post if they need help with the whole Mil Spec thing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast