Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any LEO wearing "war belts" on duty?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Any LEO wearing "war belts" on duty?

Is anyone wearing something like the ATS or VTAC Brokos while on patrol duty? Are they too much? They look like they would be more comfortable, if they spread out the weight, and easier on and off if you don't have to use keepers. If anyone has any LE patrol experience using a "war belt" setup, I'd love to hear your thoughts, good or bad. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I tried wearing a Brokos but with my Armor it was a dead end. YMMV. I'd like to see a War Belt that was 1/2" narrower at the widest points. For me that would make a diffrence.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've tried and went back to a standard belt. I'm so used to my belt being locked into the underbelt sa far as position/security etc. The battle belt shifted too much and rode up. With external armor on, its not so much a issue. I have a BFG SOC-C . I still use it for tactical/tracking ops. Just not in uniform.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    When I was working uniformed patrol, no. The uniform nazis wouldn't let that happen and I'm just accustomed to a standard duty rig.

I use one for warrant service, buy/busts, team callouts, and it's always in the seat during surveillance along with the PC and med bag.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I just ordered this:
    http://www.skdtac.com/Emdom-MM-CM-Belt-p/e2m.105.htm

I don't know that a padded belt is best for regular patrol but using the same location and pouches on duty as you do for training is very important in my book.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wear a rig, or vest when I need more, or a battle belt when I dont want to wear a vest etc.

But no I do not wear a battle belt etc. on duty.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm in a federal uniformed LE agency so although it's awesome that we get our stuff from an allowance, we aren't allowed to wear unauthorized stuff. All our leather and nylon gear is either from Bianchi or BLACKHAWK!

Our only holster options for full uniform wear are a Safariland 6280 and a BLACKHAWK Serpa. Unfortunately, most agents wear the Serpa. The website that we have to purchase our gear from offers off duty and plain clothes duty leather holsters but I have no idea who makes them. They aren't the greatest either.

We're considered the last "cowboy" station in our agency so uniformity is a bit laxer at my station than at some other places and agents routinely wear non issue boots, undershirts and various gear holsters but a full on "war belt" would be a bit of a stretch. I'll admit that when I was in the field, I'd bring my Esstac chest rig with me and I've donned it on more than one occasion.
    Last edited by CGSteve; 12-05-11 at 19:51.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    While I have a VTAC Brokos, and I am very happy with it, I do not think it would be a very good option for a uniformed patrol duty. Without the keepers or other means of securing the belt in place, it would not be hard for someone attempting a gun grab to get the belt spun around on an officer, preventing their ability to defend the weapon.

I could also see the belt riding up with repeated entries/exits from a cruiser.

I think it would be a good choice for surveillance or another type duty where the chance of a physical struggle is minimal. I think a better choice for patrol is a good quality nylon or lightweight gear that can be secured in place to minimize any movement of the gear.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I just rotated back to patrol after many years working full time plain clothes narcotics. Recently I have been giving alot of thought to a more comfortable duty belt setup. I am much thinner than I was wen I first left patrol, and I find my duty belt really bruising my hips at the end of a long day. That being said, I don't think the war belt is the answer.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast