Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATACS Camo- Post SHOT thoughts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ATACS Camo- Post SHOT thoughts?

If you were at SHOT and saw that various ATACS items, what is your opinion after seeing it in person?

Not a lot of buzz going on online it seems, other than soldiersystems.com.

What do you feel the pattern is best suited for? ATACS appears to be more brown and tan based than traditional camo with green.

I do like how it breaks up the overall outline when one is wearing full kit and weapon, something the other patterns don't do as well.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I agree, though I don't think that the lack of green really does it any harm. Loads of folks have been to Central and South America and seen dudes in dirty kahki hide in desidous and cloud forests just fine. The dark burnt-brown and greyish tones, I think, make up for any true greens.

Definitely viable for our current conflict environments.

I'm biased, though. I fully admit that multicam is impressively effective in the field, but seeing folks walk around in it otherwise...it looks like that person got ass-sprayed by 6 dogs with various intestinal maladies, and a couple of pigeons. Hate it like I hate being woken up from a nap, but it doesn't have to be pretty to work.

There may very well just be people sick of hearing about new camoflage patterns, hence the lack of buzz. I know I am.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score

A-TACS

I was very impressed with EOTAC's new DA pants/smock and the Blue Force Gear 10 Speed Chest Rig. Both were in the new camo at the show. I will say the actual designs of the products utilizing ATACS impressed more than ATACS itself.

It would've been cool to see some sort of field demo but...alas...there was none.

When I spoke to the EOTAC guys at the show they made it very clear, the stuff that arrived was very last moment and not representative of the finished fabric/quality so who knows.

I will definitely be getting a EOTAC Combat Smock and Pant though :-D

I already have the 10 Speed. That was one of the coolest chest rigs I saw at the show ^_^

j

Feedback Score
    I like it, I believe it is the only thing to beat Marpat. I just want to know when I can start buying camies, and hopefully material from diytactical so I can start making my own stuff with it.
    "The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chris Costa didn't kill you in your sleep."

Feedback Score
    I was not that impressed - Is the material available?

If so, is it in final form?
    Last edited by eggroll; 02-19-10 at 00:37.

Feedback Score
    I would have to hunt back through Soldier Systems but i recall a statement saying that they will have other color variants

From the ATACS site:

Q – A-TACS has been described as a universal pattern; so how will it work in a green environment?

A – A-TACS is a universal pattern concept. There will be environmentally specific variations. each of which are in-turn, designed to work in a wide range of settings. The current pattern variant is designed to work in a variety of arid, dry, grassy, rocky or urban environments.

Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Riverine View Post
    I agree, though I don't think that the lack of green really does it any harm. Loads of folks have been to Central and South America and seen dudes in dirty kahki hide in desidous and cloud forests just fine. The dark burnt-brown and greyish tones, I think, make up for any true greens.

Definitely viable for our current conflict environments.

I'm biased, though. I fully admit that multicam is impressively effective in the field, but seeing folks walk around in it otherwise...it looks like that person got ass-sprayed by 6 dogs with various intestinal maladies, and a couple of pigeons. Hate it like I hate being woken up from a nap, but it doesn't have to be pretty to work.

There may very well just be people sick of hearing about new camoflage patterns, hence the lack of buzz. I know I am.
    HAHAHAHA. I may never be able to look at Multicam the same again. Still love the stuff though.

SOS
    With Skill, Knowledge & Determination, YOU WILL PREVAIL!
    Join our Facebook Fan Page for Specials, Updates and Discounts!
    Questions? m4c@skdtac.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, I agree! That has to be the most "colorful" description of multicam I have ever seen!!

Feedback Score

Any appearel yet?

Anyone offering any ACU's in the ATAC Camo yet?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    A – A-TACS is a universal pattern concept. There will be environmentally specific variations.
    that's an oxymoron if i've ever seen one.
    that being said, it looks like it'll work well in those specific areas it's optimized for.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast