Thread: What length barrel for 300BLK?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

What length barrel for 300BLK?

What is the optimal/preferred barrel length for 300BLK (sort of like mid-length gas is optimal for 16" in 5.56, etc.)? This will be an SBR, so no length limitations. I will be running it unsupressed at first, with a possibility of a can later down the road, so I'd prefer it be as short as possible.
    NevadaGunOwners.com | Reno4x4.com | GOA Life Member

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisuello View Post
    What is the optimal/preferred barrel length for 300BLK (sort of like mid-length gas is optimal for 16" in 5.56, etc.)? This will be an SBR, so no length limitations. I will be running it unsupressed at first, with a possibility of a can later down the road, so I'd prefer it be as short as possible.
    Go as short as possible, only be limited by the rail length you need.
    Personally, 9" would probably be the lower limit on rail length for me.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdcgrohl View Post
    Go as short as possible, only be limited by the rail length you need.
    Personally, 9" would probably be the lower limit on rail length for me.
    Agreed. I have a 10" barrel on my Noveske 300 BLK and it really hits the sweet spot.

I did however really like the feel of the 8" CQB model and ordered a N4 w/ Gen II lower 300BLK and that is definitely a small package with a lot of potential.