Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense MFR My Way!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Daniel Defense MFR My Way!

This was more of a "put together" than a custom build but it is exactly how I wanted my 2nd M4 to be.

I tried to find a DD stripped lower but there wasn't one to be had so I settled for a complete and did all the improvements to the lower myself. I had the upper custom built by Daniel Defense and the Battle Comp 1.5 permed by Rifle Dynamics here in Vegas.

A little background on why it is the way it is. My first M4 (picture below) was bought complete and tricked out to the max. In return it is heavy as a sack of potatoes. So I wanted this one to be light and fast. I succeeded.

The list from muzzle to stock:
    - Battle Comp 1.5
    - Daniel Defense Light Weight CHF 14.5" Barrel
    - Surefire X300 @ 12 o'clock
    - Daniel Defense 12" Modular Float Rail
    - Daniel Defense Low Pro Gas Block
    - Troy Industries folding battle sight
    - Aimpoint Micro T-1 on La Rue 660
    - Daniel Defense Upper Receiver
    - Daniel Defense Lower Receiver
    - Magpul BAD Lever
    - Geissele SSA Trigger
    - Battle Arms Development Ambidextrous Safety Selector short throw
    - Troy Industries Di Optic rear sight.
    - Magpul Moe Grip
    - Magpul ASAP Sling Plate
    - Magpul CTR stock

Here are my two babies together.

If I left anything out or messed something up please let me know. I will be more than happy to answer any questions about either one of my rifles.

Thanks for reading and happy shooting!
    ATTENTION: What you just read may very well contain sarcasm! Judge me accordingly.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Nice, what's the weight?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    Nice, what's the weight?
    You know what...I have yet to be able to get it onto a scale. I'll have to do that here soon. All I know is it is extremely lighter than my first one.
    ATTENTION: What you just read may very well contain sarcasm! Judge me accordingly.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I've been pretty interested in the mfr, my current rifles pretty heavy.
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did you layout? I would imagine direct from DD is expensive.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Very nice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    I've been pretty interested in the mfr, my current rifles pretty heavy.
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did you layout? I would imagine direct from DD is expensive.
    PM Sent

ETA: Thanks Cop!
    Last edited by 2theXtreme; 12-07-11 at 21:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2theXtreme View Post
    You know what...I have yet to be able to get it onto a scale. I'll have to do that here soon. All I know is it is extremely lighter than my first one.
    An extremely generic way is to step on a home scale and weigh yourself, then step on a scale holding the gun. Subtract, and wallah. It's no way super accurate, but it's always a quick generic way to see how much something weights (or is close to weighing). I know most people have a scale in their house for weighing themselves.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    An extremely generic way is to step on a home scale and weigh yourself, then step on a scale holding the gun. Subtract, and wallah. It's no way super accurate, but it's always a quick generic way to see how much something weights (or is close to weighing). I know most people have a scale in their house for weighing themselves.
    Haha! That is funny, but you are right. I'll give it a try when I get home and see what I come up with.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I tried to make this as scientifical as possible while using such a rudementary scale. I weighed myself twice prior to each weapon weigh in and these are the results. Give or take a half pound or so...

MFR - No Mag: 5lbs
    Redi-Mod - No Mag: 8.5lbs

I'll have to get a more appropriate scale for more accurate results. Take it for what it is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2theXtreme View Post
    I tried to find a DD stripped lower but there wasn't one to be had so I settled for a complete and did all the improvements to the lower myself.
    I had trouble finding one for the longest time. I had found one at midwayusa, but they wouldn't sell it to me because I personally didn't have an FFL license. I did however find a complete lower at G&R Tactical. However I checked their site today and they are "out of stock."
    Last edited by johnpuga1982; 12-08-11 at 23:34.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast