Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting up my SR-25 EMC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Setting up my SR-25 EMC

So my pmags/sling/td stubby arrived from BCM today, so I finally got to dress up my SR-25 a few weeks after picking it up. The glass is a NF 2.5-10x24, Aimpoint T1 on a DD offset mount, VCAS padded sling, Harris Bipod because I had one sitting around, TD stubby, SF Mini Scout and sopmod. I tried an ACS on it but I'm just really used to the sopmod by now and I'm much more comfortable with it offhand, which is how I primarily shoot. I'll normally run this gun without the bipod, and the only things I plan on changing are the M110 flash hider to a SF QD brake once I order my 762K can, as well as the DD offset mount which I will replace with either a TNVC mount or something else that can keep the dot in line with the bore. Honestly I think I may try something that will mount the T1 above the nightforce as I've never been too comfortable with canting the rifle with the style of grip I prefer. I may get the S&B 1-8 if it's ever released but I'm not holding my breath for this year after a 2010-11 full of dissapointment.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Feedback Score
    Hard to tell at that angle, but it will be interesting to see if your T-1 rear lens picks up fouling (or even brass) from that position.

Nice looking rifle!! Love the integrated FBUIS and the dimpling.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    I thought the only SF muzzle device they have out is the flash hider not a brake?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sweet rifle!!!

I'd look into the LT724 offset mount if I were you, it's nice to be able to QD a secondary on and off.

I'd also toss that Stubby and replace it w/ a KAC handstop if anything at all.

I'd throw a MOE+ on there for sure as well.

Lastly I'd go with a top rail SR07 WL activation setup vs. the clicky button.

Just my particular tastes above, again...awesome setup

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Sweet rifle!!!

I'd look into the LT724 offset mount if I were you, it's nice to be able to QD a secondary on and off.

I'd also toss that Stubby and replace it w/ a KAC handstop if anything at all.

I'd throw a MOE+ on there for sure as well.

Lastly I'd go with a top rail SR07 WL activation setup vs. the clicky button.

Just my particular tastes above, again...awesome setup
    I will definitely look into the larue, the DD's offset just doesn't work for me and it's quite frustrating. I need to order the MOE, I bought one from a ship here but I didn't realize it won't fit and they don't have the kind with the proper backstrap in stock so I'll probably order one next week. I still haven't decided what to do with the light, I always fumble with pressure tape so that's been the only thing holding me back, I really want to get the gear sector scout mount but they've been out of stock on black for a while now.

And belmont, you're absolutely right they do only have the flash hider, I stand corrected. (Unfortunately, I would've liked the brake instead if they made it in the proper thread pitch.)

ETA: Trident, how exactly do you use the handstop? I have a gear sector handstop I bought a while back and I had that on there at first, and while I definitely prefer how slick it makes the gun look I just wasn't able to get a comfortable grip. I'm used to having two fingers completely on the stubby, a third sort of halfway resting on it and the rail and then my index finger pointed towards the muzzle, any recommendations?
    Last edited by BigNog; 12-08-11 at 21:34.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I run three fingers forward, one to the rear, with my thumb over the top rail/SR07.

The GS scout mount/Top rail mounted SR07/KAC or GS handstop really is a complete package deal in terms of all three components adding together to form one helluva awesome total sum.

Here's the rifle I run that setup on...
    http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...DSC00930-1.jpg

I'm not a fan of Larue at all, but I honestly believe they have the market cornered on the offset mount for this particular application. I ran the DD for a minute as well. I found it to be quite natural to cant/transition into my secondary t-1, but I can see how others might find it more easy to just lift their head per say and pick up their secondary mounted on a TNVC SAR setup.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 12-08-11 at 21:47.

Feedback Score
    "I'm not a fan of Larue at all, "

Any particular reasons? Not trying to start a brand war here, just curious.

The new flashlight holders that Haley designed look interesting also from the video I saw.
    Last edited by LRB45; 12-09-11 at 06:22. Reason: add quotations

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Great looking rifle and it looks to be a well thoughtout setup. I do think the T1 placement is a little sketchy but I could be wrong... Look forward to hearing about its performance down the road. What does that rig weigh as it sits?
    Last edited by d90king; 12-09-11 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That's an awesome rifle. I think Knights make's the best looking rifle on the market! That's why I have two. But not an SR-25.

I am confused about what you're going for with this setup. I generally view a 7.62 as a precision/marksman rifle. Your setup gives me a run-and-gun/battle gun feel. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just seems as though you are giving the rifle an identity complex. What's your intended use?
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    That's an awesome rifle. I think Knights make's the best looking rifle on the market! That's why I have two. But not an SR-25.

I am confused about what you're going for with this setup. I generally view a 7.62 as a precision/marksman rifle. Your setup gives me a run-and-gun/battle gun feel. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just seems as though you are giving the rifle an identity complex. What's your intended use?
    What makes it seem like a run and gun feel? The offset dot? If so I'd take a look at this first: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=89331 I intend to use it sort of like a large recce, at least that's how I see it best fitting what I would like it to do.

I'll let you know the weight once I can get it on a scale, it's quite a bit heavier than my similarly equipped scar 17 but still lighter than my friend's OBR.
    Last edited by BigNog; 12-09-11 at 08:49.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast