Thread: Armory Software

Feedback Score

Armory Software

I'm looking for an automated program to handle certain armory functions such as weapons accountability for handguns, patrol rifles, shotguns and equipment (using bar coding), recommmended and recurring maintenance, round counts, etc. A plus would be exportability to a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and the ability to use the program at several remote sites simultaneously. I'd be interested in what your agency/department might be using or if you've had experience with either of these two programs:

Combat Weapons Storage Systems

HY-TEK Firearms Manager PRO

TIA.
    Last edited by Defender3; 12-13-11 at 08:01.

Feedback Score
    excel and a bar code scanner?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring View Post
    excel and a bar code scanner?
    I thought about Excel or Access, but I have a number of government contracts where I now manually account for a variety of weapons up to crew served worldwide. I'd like an off-the-shelf program that is mature and can be used at main and remote sites. As such, Excel might be stressed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excel is pretty mature and would probably work fine.

But there are a few programs that I know are used in the oil and gas industry for tracking equipment that would probably work well...but I'm guessing they are crazy expensive.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    http://www.orion-soft.com/en/products/sirius_pro/

would just have to edit a few of the fields
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 12-13-11 at 13:50.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    What you look for is mostly functionality of so called "work and asset management" module of ERP systems (CMMS is from MRP systems era, that was before ERP took over). It is used to manage anything from infrastructure to tooling and machinery. Managing firearms (with accountability, service, maintenance schedule and usage/round count) fits there very well. Depending on what are your exact needs and budget you can try to apply ready solution or even have purpose made soft (it is sometimes cheaper in long run than using off the shelf soft). Programs that you linked looks to have, what we call, "closed architecture" that can lead to costs or later migration problems.

I'm actually working in providing custom IT solutions here in Poland, so I know something about this business.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com