Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast

Thread: .223 Barnes 70 Grain TSX Performance

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redfernsoljah View Post
    Two seperate things.

1. Original load is provoded from barnes starting at 24gr-26gr of powder.
    2. With any load as not only can it vary by powder lot, but by yoir location, to be safe you would always want to start 10% lower than stated and work up to the suggested load. This way you can check for pressure signs while loading. As well taking into account that the oal is within specs it will work and feed in any mil type spec rifle.
    3. I do not have the equipment to test the pressure of this load though I would recommend always a .556 type chanber I did not see any warnings barnes when going over there data. It can be found here.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/bullets/tsx/#
    Find the 70gr bullet on the site. And see data for yourself.

As far as fps you could be close on your average but there are enviornmental concerns here. I dont think you would have an issue though as I am at an average enviornmental for the us.
    Thanks. I really am kindof tempted to get into rolling my own so I can play with Scirroco II's, TTSX's, and things that aren't available factory-loaded.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Thanks. I really am kindof tempted to get into rolling my own so I can play with Scirroco II's, TTSX's, and things that aren't available factory-loaded.
    If you shoot anything at all it ends up allowing you kore flexibility while saving money per round. Though you wil most likely have more on hnd so yes in the end maybe it is the sane cost. There is a pay to play in reloading. It could be quite inexpensive overall yet you woukd het what you are paying for. RCBS is a great starting point for single use press. I still use it to reload rounds like 45/70 and .270 or ones that I dont shoot alot. If you like the art if it this is as intement as it will get. Yet if you are wanting any volume it is tedious at best. I ould recommend a progressive press if you are serious in getting into it. Alowing you 500-1000rds an hour depending on the machine. Most time a short run takes about 30 minutes to run it and making sure everthignis setup right before hand and double checking afterwords, yet that is an individual thing and highly recommended. Take a look at Dillon Precision specifically the RL550B or the XL650. Both are excellent machines and hold there value very well. I have both and the biggest difference between the two is with the 650 you have more flexibility reloading and doing different processes. For under $1000 you can have a nice setup with very high quality life time no questions asked warranty support. Example: blew a primer reloading not to long ago my fost mishap in 10 years, called dillon told then what parts where damaged and they even suggested parts sending them free if charge about $300 worth. Look at some of the guide as the machine is not the only thing you need when starting out. With the 650 you can save a iittle startingnout by adding he brass feeder later, manually feedig the tube yourself. I have looked at many machines and am happy with what I decided to go with. Though I would like there 1050 I just cannot swing it finacially though may upgrade my 550 to a 650. Have ine machine setup rifle 223/300blk/308 second pistol 9mm. Good luck itnis a very rewarding undertaking.

The load above even at 25gr blew a filled one liter apart with a good amount of force though the higher load decimated it. Bit are accurate at 100 yards as that is all I can test for on steel at home as well as printing on paper at 50 yards without issue. I do like to film it though.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redfernsoljah View Post
    If you shoot anything at all it ends up allowing you kore flexibility while saving money per round. Though you wil most likely have more on hnd so yes in the end maybe it is the sane cost. There is a pay to play in reloading. It could be quite inexpensive overall yet you woukd het what you are paying for. RCBS is a great starting point for single use press. I still use it to reload rounds like 45/70 and .270 or ones that I dont shoot alot. If you like the art if it this is as intement as it will get. Yet if you are wanting any volume it is tedious at best. I ould recommend a progressive press if you are serious in getting into it. Alowing you 500-1000rds an hour depending on the machine. Most time a short run takes about 30 minutes to run it and making sure everthignis setup right before hand and double checking afterwords, yet that is an individual thing and highly recommended. Take a look at Dillon Precision specifically the RL550B or the XL650. Both are excellent machines and hold there value very well. I have both and the biggest difference between the two is with the 650 you have more flexibility reloading and doing different processes. For under $1000 you can have a nice setup with very high quality life time no questions asked warranty support. Example: blew a primer reloading not to long ago my fost mishap in 10 years, called dillon told then what parts where damaged and they even suggested parts sending them free if charge about $300 worth. Look at some of the guide as the machine is not the only thing you need when starting out. With the 650 you can save a iittle startingnout by adding he brass feeder later, manually feedig the tube yourself. I have looked at many machines and am happy with what I decided to go with. Though I would like there 1050 I just cannot swing it finacially though may upgrade my 550 to a 650. Have ine machine setup rifle 223/300blk/308 second pistol 9mm. Good luck itnis a very rewarding undertaking.

The load above even at 25gr blew a filled one liter apart with a good amount of force though the higher load decimated it. Bit are accurate at 100 yards as that is all I can test for on steel at home as well as printing on paper at 50 yards without issue. I do like to film it though.
    Sigh.
    One more thing to bleed my bank acct.
    Great info, ty!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I apologize if this has been covered as I didn't read all 72 pages, but is anyone still commercially loading this round? I'm looking for a deer cartridge and this one keeps coming up, but everyone (Midway, ASYM, etc) are all out of stock.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    "Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness." - Pulp Fiction

Feedback Score
    I've seen the 62g Barnes TSX loaded by Black Hills at Triad Tactical; https://www.triadtactical.com/Ammunition/
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ASYM 70gr Barnes TSX

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ASYM 70gr TSX

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccasanova View Post
    ASYM 70gr Barnes TSX

Excellent work. 80-90lbs?
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Something like that. Didn't put her on the scale. Boar was 185#

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccasanova View Post
    Something like that. Didn't put her on the scale. Boar was 185#
    Outstanding. Good eats!!!
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast