Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: .223 Barnes 70 Grain TSX Performance

Feedback Score

Cool

This hog hunt was kinda fun and easy!

A lady had called us up and asked us about taking out a hog that was ripping up her backyard, her motion lights were coming on between 1-3AM.

She lived in a high end neighborhood and wanted us to trap it but we told her we had suppressors and it would be easier to shoot it since we knew the right time to be there.

A game warden friend of ours had been out at her house trying to take out this hog three times at night, but he only had a PVS-7 to see him and Red LED light to try to get him in the dark.

We had been at work all day Friday, so took a nap and ate dinner, rendezvous at her house was midnight, we brought some chairs to setup in her backyard and wait for the boar to show, ready for a long night.

I had the helmet mount Flir M-24 thermal and as soon as I put it on and walked around her house, there was the boar in her backyard rooting it up.

Stalked in to 75 yards and put one in his ear with the FLIR T-70 and he collapsed and went down immediately right in his tracks, DRT.

We could see her in her house watching TV through the panoramic glass windows, so gave her a call and told her to come out. She could not believe the boar was dead, she never ever heard the shot and he was laying 50 feet out from her recreation room!

Needless to say, she was impressed and we have a new customer to take care of....

Last edited by SkyPup; 06-13-15 at 08:13.

Kalifornia doesn't allow night hunting! Sad..

Sent from my SM-G386T1

Feedback Score
    Lady Luck Strikes again!

Feedback Score
    Fat sow took a Barnes 70 grain to the neck at 125 yards.

Feedback Score
    Came up on a sounder with three sows and about 20 piglets in dense woods after dark tonight in a thunderstorm.

Stalked them out about a half mile and was able to get a head shot @ 125 yards on this one shoat, DRT.

Will have to try them again this weekend:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "Cool" FLIR photo

Feedback Score
    Was cruising out to a stand in the UTV with the FLIR M-324 on right after sundown and saw a large group of hogs cross the road about a 1/4 ahead. Stopped and stalked them out in some thick brush about 50 yards in the woods, there were some big ones but I shot the first one I was able to get in the crosshairs of the T-70 and took out his backbone, the others all snorted at me and took off...nice snacker!

Feedback Score
    Nice! Man, I live too far north to hunt pigs. Sure wished I could though.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Skypup, looks like you are living the life out there, wish I could hunt that much.

Was wondering if you have any experience with the Federal Fusion MSR 62g ammo, if so in your experience how does it stack up to the 70g tsx?

Feedback Score
    Federal Fusion are good, but the Barnes 62 and 70 grain are about the best for what I do, can't go wrong with the Fusions though...

Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast