Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: .223 Barnes 70 Grain TSX Performance

Feedback Score
    This one lost his hearing:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Now THAT! Is a nice shot! Well done!
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score

Cool

Had an exciting hunt by myself tonight and nailed another large 400 pound boar hog.

Walked out behind the house with my FLIR M-24 helmet mount and hiked on my forest trail out about a half mile when I saw a hot thermal spot in some really thick brush. Looked at it for a few minutes and moved around trying to get a better look but could not tell what it was as it looked like it may be a dead tree trunk in the brush.

Turned on the FLIR LS-XR and InstaAlert instantly lite him up bright red and knew it was a hog, but still very difficult to see in the thick cover, walked around trying to get a better angle and finally he heard me and raised his head up and I put a 77 grain SMK in his ear at about 80 yards with the HK 556 and FLIR T-70 thermal.

I have been after this large boar for about four months now and have seen him on the game cams numerous times, in fact I had previously shot him in the side from a long range about six weeks ago and he had a deep wound about five inches long in his side from the previous shot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have been after this large boar for about four months now and have seen him on the game cams numerous times, in fact I had previously shot him in the side from a long range about six weeks ago and he had a deep wound about five inches long in his side from the previous shot.
    Tough animals, glad you finally got him that's awesome
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPup View Post
    Had an exciting hunt by myself tonight and nailed another large 400 pound boar hog.

Walked out behind the house with my FLIR M-24 helmet mount and hiked on my forest trail out about a half mile when I saw a hot thermal spot in some really thick brush. Looked at it for a few minutes and moved around trying to get a better look but could not tell what it was as it looked like it may be a dead tree trunk in the brush.

Turned on the FLIR LS-XR and InstaAlert instantly lite him up bright red and knew it was a hog, but still very difficult to see in the thick cover, walked around trying to get a better angle and finally he heard me and raised his head up and I put a 77 grain SMK in his ear at about 80 yards with the HK 556 and FLIR T-70 thermal.

Hog looks like he still smiling at you Skypup! LoL

Vic
    Victor Di Cosola
    sales@tnvc.com
    http://www.tnvc.com
    "Eliminating our adversaries 940nm at a time"

Feedback Score

Cool

Big Black Boar hog down on Good Friday Night, Easter Ham being prepared!

Feedback Score
    One Barnes 70 grain TSX to the neck, DRT;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1VG...ature=youtu.be

Feedback Score
    They are dropping like flies around here!

Feedback Score
    Just in case anyone is wondering how thermals perform during daylight hours. I was out putting corn in my feeder today and downloading game cam photos when I spied a nice boar in the thick woods. Stalked him out and gave him an earshot @ 150 yards with my old SIG 556 and RS64-35mm black hot, DRT.

Feedback Score
    Odd looking hog in trap this morning?

Looks well fed...

Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast