Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: .223 Barnes 70 Grain TSX Performance

Feedback Score
    Eating breakfast before leaving home for work this morning and 20 hogs are in my driveway, Browning Hi-Power takes down a sow with a headshot at 75 feet, breakfast bacon sizzling....

Feedback Score
    FLIR T-70 ends this song dogs singing career at 175 yards behind the barn tonight, called in two dogs and killed this one and tried to get the other but he was moving out to fast after his buddy dropped dead in his tracks!

Feedback Score
    Sniped out another sow from about 125 yards in the rain right at dusk this afternoon:

Feedback Score
    Just curious, Skypup - 9mm or .40, and what brand/bullet?

Love you photos.
    Shut up, row well, and live.

Feedback Score
    The Browning Hi-Power is a handloaded Hornady 9mm 124 grain HP, I use the same bullet in my handloads for the SIG P-229 in .357 SIG, works great!

Feedback Score
    Thanks!

Standard velocity for a 124-grain bullet or a little hotter?

Feedback Score
    A little bit hotter than standard but not quite +P, I don't want to wear out my guns but I do load on the up side.

Feedback Score
    I like it - thanks, Skypup!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Skypup you mentioned the barnes as the only bullets that do not fragment. Have you tried the 62tbbc, 60 partition or the 64 nosler bonded solid base? I also recent purchase some winchester powermax bonded. It has a 64grain bonded otm bullet. I have been intereted in seeing how it performs. Would you be interested in slinging a few at some hogs if I provide the ammo? I could also send some other bullets or factory loads.

If your up for it time is of no concern it would be nice to see what you think of there performance. I was going to pick one load for deer season, but its looking like it will be a no go this year. Even if I went I would be lucky to get a shot on a deer with the amount of time I can spare tbis year.

Feedback Score
    The FLIR M-325 Pan/Tilt thermal camera and the FLIR T-70 are a deadly combination!

I was out on a feeder for two hours keeping it covered and watching all the deer and coons all over it and drove the Honda Pioneer UTV back the three mile ride to the house after dark. As I round the last curve headed for my house I saw a large hog about 300 yards ahead of me on the side of the forest trail grade in the FLIR M-324. Shut off the engine and doused the Larson Electronics RED LED super blaster headlamp and turned on the T-70 and took one shot below his ear from the driver's seat @ 175 yards with my SIG 556 and IMI 77 grain Razor ammo. He did not seem to notice the super bright red led at all....

Hog dropped dead with a severed spine at the nape of his neck, wish I had turned on the video as it would have been a great thermal video kill, he weighed 325 pounds....

Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast