Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: .223 Barnes 70 Grain TSX Performance

Feedback Score
    The electric sausage grinder was going late into the night last night!

I nailed him right next to the small live oak tree in the far right upper corner of this pic @ 225 yards:

Last edited by SkyPup; 02-18-12 at 21:19.

Feedback Score

Talking

I just ordered a PVS-14 Gen3 PINNACLE Night Enforcer NV Optic and a Green LDI-DBAL-D2 Class 1 IR Laser with IR Illuminator and a LDI-ITAL Green Laser Pointer from Tactical Night Vision for my SIGs from TNVC.

Sure hope my new NV gear works as well as my Olight M3-X Green LED does @ 225 yards!

Feedback Score
    I had just setup for coyotes about 7:30PM in pitch darkness, no stars as there was a big storm coming up over us. Turned on my PB caller and did a couple of domain calls as there was a lone coyote male howling like mad out behind the house the night before at this time and I thought he'd probably be back again.

No sooner did five minutes pass and a herd of hogs came out of the woods into my little prairie opening.

Turned on the Olight M3-X with green filter and put the crosshairs of my Leopold VR-X 1-4 Pig Plex FireDot on his shoulder and pulled the SIG 556 trigger.

At 225 yards I could hear a nice THWAK when the bullet hit him and put him down, walked out and he started to get up so I shot him again in the head and he was DRT.

It was a big 325 pound boar hog. There were quite a few more that size or bigger in the group.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Timely. I'm using the ASYM version of this on Wednesday on hogs. Glad to see it's a good choice.

Feedback Score
    Good luck and post some pics if you smack a snacker with the Barnes TSX...

Feedback Score
    Could not go out target practicing today because it rained all day long, however I took the SIG 556 with an Olight M-20 Crimson out after dark and immediately shot this hog in the head at 100 yards DRT.

Feedback Score
    How did you mount the Olight to your scope? Wonder will it fit in one of the rail mounts? I have a green light on order but its on back order right now, it comes with a rail mount, but I would like to have a red light for another gun.

also I have been pretty happy with the 62 grain TSX over 26.5 grains of TAC as fired from a Colt Carbine, its actually quite accurate even though I struggle with the Colt trigger.
    "Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." Ronald Regan

Feedback Score
    It is better to mount your light out in front to avoid flashback through your scope:

Feedback Score
    Postmortem is a brain stem/C1 hit…instant death, DRT.

Feedback Score
    Man this ITT PVS14-17 is awesome, one shot @ 255 yards in the head with a handloaded Barnes TSX 70 grain dropped right there!

Wish I had this nice piece of NV gear 5 years ago...

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast