Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: .223 Barnes 70 Grain TSX Performance

Feedback Score
    Here are some pics of my SIG 556 Night Vision Hog Killing build with a Shooting Sight Match Grade Trigger, ACE Folder, Troy BattleRail and Eotech 556 NV holosight, Eotech 3X Magnifier, and ITT PVS-14 Pinnacle Night Enforcer.

Coyotes and Hogs tremble 24/7/365 now. []

Feedback Score
    Here is a night pic through the ITT PVS-14 & Eotech to my feeder at the live oak out 225 yards:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Darn, nice looking pictures and setup. Only thing missing is a suppressor. : P (Ok, my dream package. . one of these days)

I've killed a couple white tail. They didn't go far.

Never was able to recover any bullets. yet.

I'm sold.

Feedback Score
    I shot a whitetail at about 150 yards with this bullet in a 16in ar and it went right down. When I got to it the exit wound was about the size of a baseball. I too am sold on this set up.

Feedback Score
    Keep us updated Skypup, I'd be interested to hear how that NV setup has worked for you. Anything you'd do differently?

Feedback Score
    Well, I mounted the USGI 3X Magnifier onto the front Objective lens of my ITT Night Enforcer PVS-14 and behind the NV Eotech it works beautiful. Here are some photos but they do not do justice to just how damn great this setup works.

It is 225 yards out to my game feeder cam tree from my stand. Here is what it looks like though just the NV Eotech with no magnifier:

Here is what it looks like through the NV Eotech with the 3X Magnifier mounted behind it on the PVS-14 on a very dark dark:

Here is the same with the 3X Magnifier but using an Olight M-20 Crimson Red LED to light up the area:

I get one of my 850nm IR illuminators later on this week so will update with pics of that once I get it setup.

Feedback Score

Smile

Also, I ordered an A-Alpha helmet from TNVC with an OPS-Core VAS shroud and a USGI Rhino mount:

The helmet is great and the PVS really works great with my IR Lasers, but I went ahead and got a more structurally stronger and better mount and arm.

I got the Wilcox G24 mount with the Wilcox PVS-14 Arm instead of the Nortos USGI Rhino mount and will install same soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Holy crap SkyPup, from the photos to the equipment...awesome!

Feedback Score
    That helmet mounted NV setup works simply outstanding with the LDI DBAL-I2 visible and invisible IR lasers!

The helmet mount makes it easy to scan and use the lasers, or to quickly dismount the PVS-14 and mount it on the picitanny rail.

Feedback Score
    Great posts skypup! I always love to see how you're keeping the hog population under control! And the first hand info on the performance of different ammo is a great resource. Keep it up!

Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast