Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: .223 Barnes 70 Grain TSX Performance

Feedback Score
    Just wait one minute! I am offended that you sniped this here porker with a non-Barnes TSX round. Please refrain from using non- Barnes ammo as this will most certainly disrupt my hand loaded Barnes dream sequences. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter. We will now rejoin your enviable hunting exploits, already in progress.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    I have been shooting so many hogs and coyotes lately that I decided that I needed some first class commercial ammunition, so I purchased 2,000 rounds of Israeli Military Industries Razor 5.56mm NATO 77 grain Sierra MatchKing ammo to use.

I had to rezero two of my 556s as the Barnes 70 grain and the 77 grain MatchKing do not have the same POI, but I still have two rifle zeroed for the Barnes TSX.

The IMI Razor ammo fragments on impact and is NOT a penetrating round, but it is deadly in the lungs, neck, and spine!

You can see the bullet impact right below his ear in the pics, he was DRT and entire neck was destroyed.
    Last edited by SkyPup; 08-13-14 at 11:36.

Feedback Score
    Well...okay. As you were.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Dude will feed allot of people thanks to FLIR thermals!

Feedback Score
    Honda Pioneer with FlirOne, trees are 200 feet out:

And the obligatory world's first Wild Boar Hog FlirOne photograph!!!!

Feedback Score
    Skypup, how's the bacon as far as table fare?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yes, we served up 8 pounds of Cuba-Spanish sausage recipe in burritos at a party last weekend and even the Mexicans said it was the best they had ever had!

Feedback Score
    Ye ole FLIR T-50 puts the .308 smackdown on another black hog tonight!

Feedback Score
    HOT FLIRONE Thermal Hog Kill, single headshot 200 yards:

Had not even had this nice instrument for an entire 24 hour period and already the swine are chilling....

Feedback Score
    5.56 hand loaded TSX
    Thought this might be interesting for those interested in handloading. I was able to chrono several different loads I'd worked up using the Barnes load data guide. Here are chrono speeds inputted into a ballistic calculator using what I found to be my most accurate hand loaded 70g TSX: Lake City pulled brass, 25.2g of Ramshot TAC with a 50 yard zero. Weapon of choice was BCM 16" Mid16 with a 1:7 twist. Used 1800 fps as threshold for max effectiveness of the TSX to estimate range. Numbers are conservative estimates:

2747 fps (avg) = max effective range of ~375 yards, POI of 1.6" at 100 yards / .3" at 200 / -8.1" at 300 / -20.1 at 375
    2787 fps (hi)= max effective range of ~380 yards, POI of 1.6" at 100 yards / .6" at 200 / -7.4" at 300 / -18.9 at 375
    2718 fps (low) = max effective range of ~355 yards, POI of 1.6" at 100 yards / .2" at 200 / -8.6" at 300 / -21.0 at 375

Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast