Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-ban lowers situation?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Pre-ban lowers situation?

Being in a relatively free state, it's been awhile since I've had to give any thought to the AW Ban, but I am thinning out some things and have a pre-ban Colt LW Sporter lower that I can get rid of.

Which states still require preban lowers, and what is a fair price to ask?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    NY is one for sure, at least if you want to have any 'evil' features like a telescopic stock.

Depending on manufacturer, condition, and level of assembly they can generally go for $400 to $1000 to much more for complete rifles and or region of the state they are being sold in.
    For example you can get a much higher premium for someone in NYC vs someone way, way upstate. It just depends on how broad your greed streak is.

I recall a thread not too awful long ago that had a great deal of information regarding which states and relative values all listed by people from said states.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    CT still has the AWB but we also have a list banning by name.

I've seen up to 700range for stripper lower. 1000 for complete lower. Those are the most expensive I've seen. I don't know if they sold at that price. 5-600 is the usual.

No Colt AR15 or Sporter.

plus the following

"
    (1) Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following specified semiautomatic firearms: Algimec Agmi; Armalite AR-180; Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol; Auto-Ordnance Thompson type; Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol; Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88; Colt AR-15 and Sporter; Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2; Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45; Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC; FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT; Federal XC-900 and XC-450; Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12; Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High-Tech Long Pistol; Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89; Holmes MP-83; MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type; Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000; Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only; Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 series; Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol; Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3; Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns; USAS-12; UZI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol;"
    Last edited by Noodles McGee; 12-11-11 at 18:32.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I live in MA and have the old AWB. I paid 800 for a complete PWA lower recently, minds well have been stripped because it had junk parts on it.

I won't buy colts because so few of them are in spec. Different size take down pins, trigger pins, sear block and a combination their of. Its not something I have any interest in dealing with when I can get a lower that is one hole short of being mil spec.

With that said, there are many colt fan boys out there who don't care about compatibility and just want the role mark.

It it is a receiver colt monkey ****ed to please liberal politicians, then maybe 500$, if it is a good one, maybe as much as the 800-900$.

What condition is it in, are the trigger pin holes worn at all? Is it in a standard configuration? or is it a colt special?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies!

Feedback Score
    The only reason pre ban lowers cost so much is any dealer that gets his hands on one jacks up the price to the point of stupidity. There is one asshole on TOS who is paying any asking price because he's a dealer in CT, and he's putting them on his shelf for over $1k. The FFL in question paid $700 for a cast Essential Arms lower. That being said, in NY a complete pre ban lower goes for about $700.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pre-Ban in NJ does not fly... no way around the AWB here.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Thank god I live in a free state.

I have one pre-ban that I keep just in case I need to take a job in a ban state.
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You really want to sell it? I will give you $350 bucks for it. PM me and the money will be in the mail tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mac5.56; 12-13-11 at 00:12.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast