Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need recommendations on low pro gas block and new rail.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Need recommendations on low pro gas block and new rail.

Im getting tired of the FSB and handguard cap on my 6920 so ive decided to ditch them for a low profile gas block and longer rail. Them things get HOT!

Question #1: What low profile gas block should I get? Im looking for something worthy of attaching to a LE6920

Question #2: What rail should I go with? Currently have a DD Omega 7.0 and its just not long enough for me. Im entertaining the idea of a rail that can "swallow" a suppressor if I ever decide to go SBR in the future.

Any thoughts? Pics? Thanks in advance for the help.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get a dremel and shave your FSB if you are putting a longer handguard on. A pinned shaved FSB will be much stronger than a clamp/screw on low pro.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well...

You could look at the Noveske switchblock if youre going to be considering a suppressor in the future, and a rail that has an opening to be able to adjust the switchblock - like maybe the DD 12.0 FSP?

I haven't ever tried it or measured it but IF it works you'd have a 12 inch rail surrounding your 16 inch barrel, with an adjustable low profile gas block that would be suppressor ready.

I think...

Maybe...

Somebody should measure this or hey, maybe somebody already has?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Im a huge fan of the LaRue gasblocks. In my experience they have the most bomb-proof mounting hardware of all of the different gasblocks I have used on builds over the years. I have stripped Vltor and Troy hex bolt heads, but never had an issue with the bolts on the LaRue. The LaRue also covers up the non-parked portion of the barrel that is normally protected by the fixed FSB.
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoulderthinggoesup View Post
    Get a dremel and shave your FSB if you are putting a longer handguard on. A pinned shaved FSB will be much stronger than a clamp/screw on low pro.
    Ahh very nice and free too! I like it! My wife will like that even more What about the rail? Anyone running a rail slightly longer than the barrel with suppressor attached?
    Last edited by Evil Colt 6920; 12-14-11 at 16:46.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Check out Centurion Arms' rails. They work with the standard barrel nut so you can just cut off the delta ring and spring if you dont want to take the barrel off. That, or the DD RIS II M4A1.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The cut-down FSB is the best option if you have the proper tools & capability to do it.
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The FSB will be getting chopped, painted and reinstalled with a new gas tube. Im leaning toward the DD 12.0 Lite rail but dont think its gonna work down the road if I go SBR+Suppressor. I'll post the DD 7.0 Omega up for sale to help with the costs. Any suggestions on a QUALITY rail that will "swallow" a can?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I just did my FSB last week. I looked at it about ten times before I finally put the wheel to it. It actually came out pretty nice.

A Troy 13" Battlerail Alpha slid nicely over it!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfist View Post
    I just did my FSB last week. I looked at it about ten times before I finally put the wheel to it. It actually came out pretty nice.

A Troy 13" Battlerail Alpha slid nicely over it!
    Did you happen to take a pic of the shaved fsb? Id like to see the rail installed too if you have pics. Thanks!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast