Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Syrac Ordnance Adjustable Low Pro Gas Block

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Do you happen to have a link?... Basically what you're saying is the Gen 1's were just a wee bit more of a pain in the ass to initially tune, but otherwise function the same correct?
    rainierarms.com go under manufacturer.

Yes the gen2 are easier to change the settings on. I run a gen 2 on my SPR suppressed rifle.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    rainierarms.com go under manufacturer.

Yes the gen2 are easier to change the settings on. I run a gen 2 on my SPR suppressed rifle.
    The only .625 they show listed is with the decent you described, didn't even discern between gen1 & 2 in the description.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    There doesn't appear to be any 625's on Syrac's website???

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    There doesn't appear to be any 625's on Syrac's website???

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sh...roduct_id=4042

This is the only one I can find, it appears to be a gen1... Only gen1 listed on Syrac website as well, hence my initial question...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The SLR Sentry 6 may be an option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sh...roduct_id=4042

This is the only one I can find, it appears to be a gen1... Only gen1 listed on Syrac website as well, hence my initial question...
    And as I said before they make gen 2 that is .625. Rainier Arms sent me one by mistake and it was a gen 2. Either way you set it and forget it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    Rainier Arms sent me one by mistake and it was a gen 2. Either way you set it and forget it.
    Yep. Nothing wrong with the Gen 1 at all.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Can someone help me decide whether I should go with a standard low pro gas block or an adjustable one for my present build. The barrel is a 16" inch Sionic's medium weight middy, with a .076 gas port. I plan on using an LMT enhanced bolt carrier and a BCM bolt. I will also be using the VLTOR A5 receiver extension kit. The muzzle device I will be using is a KAC MAMS comp, so it will be seeing some suppressed use now and then. IMHO, with this barrel being ported just right for reliability and a soft recoil impulse with decent ammo, do I even need an adjustable gas block, even with a suppressor. Would I be gaining enough ? Also would gas port erosion ever be a concern in a mid-length gas barrel shooting in semi-auto fire over the life span of this nitrided barrel or a chrome lined barrel, or would the barrels throat go before the gas port would open up enough to cause any issues. Another question I have is, are barrels gas ports drilled before or after chrome lining or nitriding ? To me a weapons reliability trumps everything else. So, what do you think?
    Last edited by Biggy; 07-22-14 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You won't need a block for suppressed use. If it were going to be dedicated and you wanted to keep the gun running smooth, it'd be worth the addition of the block.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Not to throw a monkey wrench in the works but the SLR block is top notch. I bought two for mine and my wifes rifles. They are a local (Florida) small shop and had the blocks shipped same day. The adjustment is positive and the detents keep the screw where you put it. Great looking blocks and tiny. Almost a shame to cover them with the rail.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast