Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Syrac Ordnance Adjustable Low Pro Gas Block

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Syrac Ordnance Adjustable Low Pro Gas Block

A recent article by GearScout about a new adjustable gas block has piqued my interest. The new gas block can be seen here.

I know the general consensus is that adjustable gas blocks should not be used for a hard use, "go-to" type of weapon, but does this new offering bring anything to the table that would change that opinion?

I was thinking that this could be an option for someone who wants to achive a more "optimal" setting for use with a suppressor and just leave it be once adjusted....any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm not an expert on the subject matter but I don't see why you couldn't use it with a go-to type weapon. The first thing that comes to mind is the Noveske Switchblock.
    This looks like a good option as you stated in a suppressor setting. It's non-obtrusive. The detent looks like it should do it's job.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I know the general consensus is that adjustable gas blocks should not be used for a hard use, "go-to" type of weapon, but does this new offering bring anything to the table that would change that opinion?
    If the adjustment screw had a head on it, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    The first thing that comes to mind is the Noveske Switchblock.
    The beauty of Switchblock is the fact that it doesn't require a tool to adjust.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Switchblock is not adjustable, it has a second gas port sized for use with a silencer.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post
    If the adjustment screw had a head on it, maybe.
    What would the head be for?

Feedback Score
    This looks like a good option as you stated in a suppressor setting.

Feedback Score

Talking

I have one that I use with a suppressor and it works as advertised. I used it to replace the pri adjustable one that I had on before. The pri one would always become loose in its setting so I had to always adjust it. Now with the Syrac one the setting stays no matter what. The only thing is you will need to use two long hex keys to adjust it but it comes with them. Once I get my Magpul ACS I will be able to store the hex keys in the storage compartment for the batteries.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I have one that I use with a suppressor and it works as advertised. I used it to replace the pri adjustable one that I had on before. The pri one would always become loose in its setting so I had to always adjust it. Now with the Syrac one the setting stays no matter what. The only thing is you will need to use two long hex keys to adjust it but it comes with them. Once I get my Magpul ACS I will be able to store the hex keys in the storage compartment for the batteries.
    Awesome man thanks for the report! Have you gotten a chance to use it pretty hard yet? How many rounds through it, ect?

Also, does the adjustment screw have a "stop" so that the screw doesn't screw out of the block? I would think this should be common sense, but I just have to ask...
    Last edited by Ironman8; 12-16-11 at 22:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Awesome man thanks for the report! Have you gotten a chance to use it pretty hard yet? How many rounds through it, ect?

Also, does the adjustment screw have a "stop" so that the screw doesn't screw out of the block? I would think this should be common sense, but I just have to ask...
    I ran about 200 rounds through it suppressed. It performed flawlessly. If I had used the PRI gas block I probably would have gotten to 60 rounds before it lost its settings as that was what was happening before I changed it out.

The adjustment screw DOES NOT have a stop and it also has a warning in the instructions to not back out the set screw all the way. However I did not read the instructions and backed it out all the way.. lol. I figured out how to reinstall it and seeing how it actually worked was pretty cool.
    Last edited by JamesC; 12-19-11 at 21:22.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I ran about 200 rounds through it suppressed. It performed flawlessly. If I had used the PRI gas block I probably would have gotten to 60 rounds before it lost its settings as that was what was happening before I changed it out.

The adjustment screw DOES NOT have a stop and it also has a warning in the instructions to not back out the set screw all the way. However I did not read the instructions and backed it out all the way.. lol. I figured out how to reinstall it and seeing how it actually worked was pretty cool.
    Hmmm not so sure I like that fact there...do you see it as a negative? How well does the detent lock work? Any worries?

Also, when you screw the adjustment screw all the way into the gas block, does that "shut off" the flow of gas basically turning the rifle into a single shot? Then you adjust the flow of gas by unscrewing the screw, correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast