Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Syrac Ordnance Adjustable Low Pro Gas Block

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sr View Post
    Can this block close the gas all the way off if one wanted to do so? I did not see that mentioned on Syrac's site.
    Somehow missed that answer above.

Feedback Score
    Id like to comment on the detent system works and its reliability.

The first thing i did was take mine apart to really see exactly how it worked. What i found really gave me confidence in it and that it would not loose its setting.

If you screw it out eventually you can release the detent but still keep unscrewing the set screw. This lets you know you are out past the adjustment point for more gas. All you have to do is start screwing the set screw back in and then once it is far enough the set screw will lock in place and with that you now know where the top end of the gas adjustment spectrum is.

I hope this helps. I bought this block due to it being the only one I could find. I had alot of hard time finding info on it so I wanted to comment and let you know what I found.

I can say that it is possible that the early blocks that were produced would not shut off gas completely. mine will still cycle but wont pick up the next round with the block adjusted all the way in.

As far as the company goes I called for 2 weeks straight trying to speak to some one to confirm that this "no complete shut off" was normal for this block. I never heard back from any one after leaving messages.

Hope this helps and sheds some light on this product.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah.. I didn't need to take mine apart to be able to tell that the setting system was solid. Just messing with it, you can tell it's not an issue.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    While I love these things (have 4) I find it odd that the owner is such an unreachable d-bag. I've tried on numerous occasions to reach him. I got him the first time when these first hit the market and we had a great conversation. I have been unable to reach him since. Never returned multiple calls / emails etc.

If his GBs weren't so freakin' awesome, I would've peaced out long ago, but I'm a believer and will buy more if I need them.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    While I love these things (have 4) I find it odd that the owner is such an unreachable d-bag. I've tried on numerous occasions to reach him. I got him the first time when these first hit the market and we had a great conversation. I have been unable to reach him since. Never returned multiple calls / emails etc.

If his GBs weren't so freakin' awesome, I would've peaced out long ago, but I'm a believer and will buy more if I need them.
    I was able to get ahold of him early on as well, and he was always nice and willing to answer all my questions...

But has it ever occurred to you that maybe he's not running a huge production facility that is able to run autonomously while he sits at the phone waiting for you to call?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If the product is so good... why would you need to talk to the guy?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If the product is so good... why would you need to talk to the guy?
    I think he wants to tell him how much he loves the product!
    Last edited by Ironman8; 03-21-13 at 09:50.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I think he wants to tell him how much he loves the product!
    I guess.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    ...while he sits at the phone waiting for you to call?
    Seriously? Ok Ironman.

3-4 emails with no reply? Simple questions?

If you're selling a products by the thousands, ya better be able to provide some communication to your customers. Even if it's a reply to a customer's email a month late. Look at his industry forum on TOS. Many people in there trying to reach him via phone, email, site IM etc. Nothing.

If our vendors like Grant were to pull that shit on here, WW3 would begin.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Look at his industry forum on TOS. Many people in there trying to reach him via phone, email, site IM etc. Nothing.
    That's the nature of many of the idiots in the gun industry.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast