Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Powder Trickler

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Omega Powder Trickler

Anyone using this thing? Supposed to smoke the Chargemaster.

We have one shipping today.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had no idea what it was until this thread. Pretty neat and simple. Although at $65.00 that's a lot for how simple it is. I'm curious if these individual grain increments make any sort of difference downrange. Right now I just use a 5-0-5 scale with a hand trickler and trickle to the target after using a powder measure to get me within a few tenths.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had never heard of it until today. Seems to have some nice added features for a powder trickler.

I fail to see how it's like a Chargemaster, however. You still need a separate scale and most likely something to dump the bulk of the charge. You also have to be manually involved in the dispensing process, which for me, is the purpose of a Chargemaster in the first place. I load, the Chargemaster does the dispensing on the next round while I'm seating a bullet.

If weighing accuracy is your goal, unless you're into the analytical balance price range for your unit, they're all about the same. Dispensing into a 10/10 scale isn't going to gain any accuracy over a Chargemaster, they're both +/- .1 grain.
    Last edited by mizer67; 12-20-11 at 14:41.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah... not sure how critical it is... but when assembling precision ammo, I'll meter down to the individual powder kernel.

We're loading a lot of Varget and IMR 4064. So I have high hopes for this thing.

The guys on Accurate shooter give this thing great reviews. Even the guys with chargemasters admit that this thing is faster.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used to weigh down to the kernel, but I've since moved on to the OCW method and from Varget to RE15. Both make reloading precision rounds less of a hassle and faster.

For $65 I may have to give it a try, but in the ~25 seconds the Chargemaster is dispensing, I'm doing other tasks. It would have to be very fast to improve my loading speed since it takes manual intervention.
    Last edited by mizer67; 12-20-11 at 15:00.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    For $65 I may have to give it a try, but in the ~25 seconds the Chargemaster is dispensing, I'm doing other tasks. It would have to be very fast to improve my loading speed since it takes manual intervention.
    True for sure. I'd love to run the charge master and the Omega simultaniously!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You mean this:
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...Number=1938438

It seems rather unnecessary but whatever floats the boat. I'm quite used to getting duplicate velocities if I just use the hand trickler and a balance beam scale.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 12-20-11 at 15:42.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post

It seems rather unnecessary but whatever floats the boat. I'm quite used to getting duplicate velocities if I just use the hand trickler and a balance beam scale.
    Of course it's unnecessary. Driving my car to work could be considered unnecessary.... but riding a bike 20 miles isn't very efficient. This thing is priceless if speeding up accurate powder charges interests a loader. And hand trickling is like Jack Nicholas in THE SHINING

I should do a time study on how much my output increases with this thing.
    Last edited by markm; 12-21-11 at 07:58.

Feedback Score
    Deleted.
    Last edited by jmart; 12-21-11 at 15:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have it but have not used it yet other than playing around. Low speed is pretty useless IMO since it's very slow. If you watch the product video (on the tube) it's much faster to tap the high speed button which can still get single kernel drops if the slide weight is adjusted to your liking.

The scale I'm looking at getting is the GemPro 500.
    http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/my...empro-500.html
    Last edited by johnson; 12-21-11 at 21:50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast