Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal 5.56 - Hot Ammo Deal?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for posting, picked up 1k!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for posting, just ordered a case.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been a lurker for a while, hello all. Just got an account to say thanks for the heads up, I've got some on the way.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    These guys have had the best prices on this ammo for the last year (since I found them). I ordered on a Monday and had it Thursday. No codes needed.

http://www.glensoutdoors.com/Federal...o-p/xm193f.htm
    Any coupon codes you can share for Glen's?
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just got my loose box in the mail. Not much difference between the 223 and 5.56. But these appear to be reloads and not the "first run, first-quality ammo" manufactured at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant for Federal Cartridge and is made to Federal specifications typical for commercial ammunition. Headstamped with Federal symbol and date of manufacture. They are stamped LC 11. This is my first bulk purchase of ammo and first of the 5.56. I guess I was expecting newer shinier brass like out of my Remington 223 boxes. Please let me know if I was wrong to assume so.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jawalterusmc View Post
    Just got my loose box in the mail. Not much difference between the 223 and 5.56. But these appear to be reloads and not the "first run, first-quality ammo" manufactured at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant for Federal Cartridge and is made to Federal specifications typical for commercial ammunition. Headstamped with Federal symbol and date of manufacture. They are stamped LC 11. This is my first bulk purchase of ammo and first of the 5.56. I guess I was expecting newer shinier brass like out of my Remington 223 boxes. Please let me know if I was wrong to assume so.
    The LC ammo is first run and top quality. I have never seen shiny Lake City brass. The cases are annealed (heat treated) and ammo made to military spec. Make sure your AR is rated for 5.56.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Probably splitting hairs... But this was a better deal after freight for me. http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...dir=18|830|845

ETA: It's also "shiny" if you're into that sorta thing
    Last edited by RIDE; 12-22-11 at 16:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jawalterusmc View Post
    It will look like bulk-packed military ammo, not polished commercial ammo.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    XM193 still have blown primers? Some people complained about it a while back.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberFan View Post
    The LC ammo is first run and top quality. I have never seen shiny Lake City brass. The cases are annealed (heat treated) and ammo made to military spec. Make sure your AR is rated for 5.56.
    Last year I saved up and purchased the LMT16 CQB which is 5.56. I just haven't purchased any 5.56 and have gone through about half my first 1000 rounds of 223 that I bought locally from Clyde Armory. I paid about $340 for that lot and thought this deal at Brownell was a really good deal. I will continue to buy and use 223 for target practice. I have some friends at work that wanted to take some of the 5.56 off my hands and I didn't want to promise them one thing and provide them something else. I have read all the other thread responses and feel better that this is what was advertised. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12