Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Report...a few LMT monolithic railed ARs

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Will do brother.

I'm going to be collecting quite a bit more ammo evaluations, chrono-velocity data, then run a cpl. hundred rds. of surplus through it with several different pmags.....and then this dude is doing nothing but LR shooting. I'm going to collect all this data and contain it ultimately in one thread in a month or two, however I just was excited to share the first range report with all my homies on M4C

In the next few days I'll be doing the ammo evals on:

1.) Federal GMM 175gr. SMK
    2.) Black Hills 175gr. SMK
    3.) Hornady LE TAP 168gr. BTHP
    4.) Federal 168gr. OTM (M1A)

I tried for like 20min. to get the 35P working this morning, however I'm still getting the hang of it and I'm probably going to let Oehler look at it and completely retrofit it. Its the cadillac of damn chronos....it deserves to be running in tip top shape. Slomo was the MAN for letting me borrow it, now I need to reward him with some great data
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 12-18-11 at 01:07.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Holie Shiate!

Taking mine out today with a 100 rounds of Fed 175gr GMM to see how it goes. To bad I don't have a fancy V8 for my testing

I am amazed at those results from the 16"CL barrel. That is impressive accuracy to say the very least.

Feedback Score
    If I could, I would suggest adding Prvi 168 Match to your testing.

I'm sure the FGGM will out shoot it, but I've shot a few hundred rounds of it through my 16"CL MWS and was getting good results.

Feedback Score
    Amoung the ammo evals that you have listed, are you going to run any handloads? I know its somewhat taboo with autoloaders, just wondering.
    Last edited by duece71; 12-18-11 at 17:35. Reason: handloads to replace reloads.

Feedback Score
    Good write-up hoss...

Couple questions:

1) Why 6.5CM over .260Rem? Strictly availability of factory match ammo? I'm debating the same thing now in anticipation of LMT releasing these barrels in the coming months.

2) What is so great about the Atlas? Never really heard of them before.

3) I've heard really good things about the real deal M118LR in these guns - I can never seem to find it to buy though.

Feedback Score
    Good range report.

If you ever get down Louisiana way let me know, we will do some shooting on my 600m range.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    JeepDriver....on your recommendation I will reconsider evaluating the PRZI match varieties, however I've heard some really poor reviews on SH. I think the .223 match is solid. In the past the 75gr. ran really slow, but I think that has been fixed now. I got some really nice results when I tested the PRZI .223.

D90...how did it go, are feeling a strong narcotic effect at the moment

Ammotogo has already shipped the several boxes of Federal GMM 175gr. SMK I ordered and it would be wild to see it be more accurate if that's possible(100yd eval...not LR) than the 168gr. variety.

I went today and bought the last 6 boxes of that Federal 168gr. SMK with the same lot number....very disappointed that was all I could get. Those are the type of groups where you just want to quit while your on planet 9.

I got 2 more different types of ammo as well today to add to the list above...Federal Vital Shok 165gr. BTSP....Remington 150gr. Corelokt.

Duece71, personally I only buy and shoot commercially avail. factory ammo since I don't reload, but hey...if it's safe to run, I'll test anything.

Spooky, Thanks pal If you haven't read this particular article than I highly recommend it. It lays out the facts in regards to your question really well, and when your done reading I bet you come to the same conclusion I did. I really do want that sexy .260rem that has been touted now for years in the LR competitions but if you can't roll your own, your immediately behind the eight ball the way I see it...even though SWammo has started to make some .260 ammo avail. for reasonable prices but SWammo isn't Hornady imho.

6.5 Creedmoor - .260 Done Right?

Other than deployment speed, the Atlas v8 is just that much better. If you shoot prone, in precision capacities, it's like cheating. I have to refrain from glowing on this issue as I'm just elated on the improvement that this bipod made upon the moment I loaded the bipod for the first shot I took yesterday. The movement and fluidity is outta this world as well.

I know I posted this pic above but maybe didn't stress why it was posted. This specific picture shows one of the main reasons why this bipod is the game changer that I believe it is.

Panning the legs forward, than adjusting the legs one or two notches to clear the mag, makes loading the bipod and just overall "driving" the rifle almost effortlessly. As you probably already know....loading a bipod correctly is absolutely crucial and very hard to properly do time in and time out, shot after shot.

The M118lr is hanging out with TAP T2 last time I heard

RustedAce, thanks brother....what a blast it would be to shoot alongside your super specimen EMC. You already know the way I view that rifle Luckily I'm not the jealous type

Same goes for you if your ever in Bama. Not sure if your a LSU fan but If you are, I hope you guys beat the s**t outta them in the National Champ game. Nothing worse being AU alum than hearing Bama fans run their mouths for a whole yr. We should have cloned Cam.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 12-18-11 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Glad to see you're enjoying that new beauty Trident. A friend of mine who has several precision rifles also swears by Atlas bipods. He says they're expensive, but worth every penny over a Harris.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks Steve, after you get your very exciting new project to perfection, maybe a .308 AR could be next on your agenda

I owned only one other .308/7.62 type AR in the past which was a N6, and unloaded it very quickly as I realized that even though it was a super nice rifle, I needed to fully explore the 5.56 ARs as best as I could.

Were living in the absolute golden age for these rifles, I believe we finally have a handful of .308 ARs that are every bit a reliable as their little brothers, and once that's taken care of....these .308 ARs really bring some impressive things to the table. This starts really a whole new journey and exploration for myself, and that is what I enjoy the most. I'm glad I can share it with all with my friends on M4C, as well as learn from many of them while they are now currently exploring the .308 AR world.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 12-19-11 at 00:07.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Im really dying for one of these now, I was resisting until I fired one, Now tridents making it hard to forget...

I think its going to eat my precision bolt budget, Does anyone know if one of these can be built up to be accurate enough for a precision rifle course or something on par with that kind of accuracy?

I know the British are using it now, What kind of accuracy are they demanding?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast