Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Report...a few LMT monolithic railed ARs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Arpent View Post
    I missed this question previously, and I'll defer to Trident for a more "expert" explanation, but yes, for me the most "unforgiving" aspect of the scope is its narrow range of eye relief at 10X. If I am not totally locked in with a perfectly positioned cheek weld, I ain't gonna hit shit. LOL

Oh ok....I see what you mean. Thanks for the reply

Feedback Score
    Awesome stuff Trident!! I am glad to see that the MWS can reach out there. Thanks again for all of the info in this thread, I have got some work to do!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My pleasure duece71

40Arpent already nailed the NF question.

Headed back out tomorrow, we'll be launching them between 800-1000yds.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 01-23-12 at 20:37.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Trident,

Looking forward to your report after tomorrow.

Is that a power line easement or something?

In regards to the 2.5-10 NXS. It has obviously been working to good effect on the MWS. Do you plan to continue to utilize it in that role or are you planning to move to a different scope and if so what? I have been thinking of the 3.5-15x50 NXS (not that I even have the rifle yet).

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yep that's PL easement.

In regards to optics....I'm holding off on picking up a NXS 3.5 F1 a little while longer while I currently debate getting a March Tactical 2.5-25x42 or 3-24x42 FFP. The NXS F1 will be much more forgiving, however the allure of March's incredible magnification range and compact size, along with the clarity of their glass has me very tempted.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Yep that's PL easement.

In regards to optics....I'm holding off on picking up a NXS 3.5 F1 a little while longer while I currently debate getting a March Tactical 2.5-25x42 or 3-24x42 FFP. The NXS F1 will be much more forgiving, however the allure of March's incredible magnification range and compact size, along with the clarity of their glass has me very tempted.
    Try to get your hands on a 25x and get some rounds through it at distance, if you haven't already. I have a S&B 5-25x56 and it's too much for my needs, and I'm shooting Barretts in 338 and 50 on a 2,000 yard range. Though I don't typically shoot at 2,000.

Just wanted to give you a head's up in case you haven't gotten to shoot with one yet. I definitely prefer the 4-16.
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; 01-23-12 at 21:37.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I have a very similar set up to Tridents with a NightForce 2.5-10x32 with a NP-R2 reticle. I just ordered a 20" Stainless 5R barrel and I'm wondering if anyone has done any accuracy testing on various ammo?

I'lll post some photos after I get the barrel in and installed.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hey Jon, thanks for the feedback on the optics topic....I think your right as I haven't been behind a 25x or greater that much at all, and ultimately I believe a 15x will be plenty of max magnification for my purposes which will be capped off at about 1500yds with a 6.5cm/.260rem configuration.

Nothing like this type of shooting, it will ruin you for sure.

I had a rough start due to the two reasons/takeaways from the day, however with the help of a truly exceptional spotter/coach I got this rifle perfectly doped at 800yds this afternoon with a proper type of ammo, and the results were really something else to see. I can't thank my new shooting pal enough for the help and contribution he has already given to me thus far, and what a difference he makes when shooting beside me. The video will speak the rest of my thoughts on today's session

1.) You can't escape your bullet's B.C. once you reach certain long ranges,...just because a load Shoots well at 100-500yds sub moa groups, doesn't mean it will hold all the way out.

2.) Learn how to deal with LR mirage effects.

Perhaps the best LR footage I've gotten to date....crystal clear bullet trace with lots of bullet glint frames, and the best BANG..............................................DINGs yet.

LMT MWS w/ 16" CL on Steel @ 800yds
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 01-24-12 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    Trident,

In regards to the 2.5-10 NXS. It has obviously been working to good effect on the MWS. Do you plan to continue to utilize it in that role or are you planning to move to a different scope and if so what? I have been thinking of the 3.5-15x50 NXS (not that I even have the rifle yet).

Thanks!
    I am currently running the 2.5-10 NF MIL MIL on my MWS, I like it quite a bit. I would prefer the 3.5-15x56 though. 15 is better for LR the HS turrets are more enjoyable to dial up and I prefer to have a focus knob. I may put the 2.5 on my SPR and a larger scope on my MWS. I might try the Bushnell 3-12 FFP 30mm tube scope. Great price and good features.

If you gunna be a bear, be a grizzly. Go big for the MWS. IT DESERVES the glass. I want an 18 SS barrel but I just bought..........and me and Mark have plenty to work on with new cans, win mag loading BS.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Trident,
    What did you put on your rifle components to make the finish into that black high gloss. I know LMTs do not come with this finish. Almost looked like you dipped the whole rifle in oil.
    Unlike Spandex, Liberty is a Right NOT a Privilege.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast