Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Report...a few LMT monolithic railed ARs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drck1000 View Post
    Dirtyboy/Deuce/Trident/Pappabear,

How many of you are running FFP optics? Or SFP optics?

I saw that Nightforce now has FFP optics. I don't recall them having them a while back, but the FFP models that they now offer are quite a bit more than the SFP models. Not that the SFP models were cheap to begin with.

I currently have a Viper PST FFP 4-16x50 on my bolt gun. It's my first and currently only optic, so that's what I'm learning on.
    I'm using a SFP as well. I've never used a FFP and i'm sure they're great. I've only had my MWS to 556 yards so far but ive had no problems. Mine is a Sightron SIII 6-24x50. I went with this scope because I kept reading how great the glass was for a scope in its price range and I must say i'm not disappointed. It has the newer MOA-2 reticle and I think I'm going to like it at longer ranges. I'm not a member of LRH.com, 6mmBR.com or opticstalk but i've read a bunch on those sites and alot was mentioned about LR and F class competitors using these scopes and liking them. The adjustments are extremely crisp but they do move too easily. I knocked them off zero just carrying the gun on my back with a sling yesterday. It wasnt that hard to fix though.

I'm interested to hear your opinions on your PST because for 2weeks I was pondering your exact scope and the SIII back and forth. I really wanted your PST because I didnt like the length and I didnt think I would need the 24x of the SIII. The only deciding factor that influenced me to go with the SIII is the reports of so-so glass on the PST. I know glass supposedly isnt a big deal on tactical scopes but I place more weight on it then most I think considering its my most important trait of a scope. So whats your opinions on that PST? PM bc i dont want to derail this thread.
    Last edited by Dirtyboy333; 02-15-12 at 21:01.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I changed one of my NF scopes to MIL MIL with zero stop. I was running both, but when you start getting past 500 yards, MOA slows you down. Many people think in terms of MIL is easier. I am still learning but I do prefer it.

Its quite spendy to get it done.
    A little vague, care to elaborate before I shell out "quite spendy"?
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Here ya go pal....all prices are on the Factory Service-Conversion Form:

http://nightforceoptics.com/SERVICE-..._03Jan2012.pdf

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    A little vague, care to elaborate before I shell out "quite spendy"?
    Thanks.
    I couldn't remember , or maybe I tried to forget

And I didn't want to give bad numbers. So according to Tridents attached, and my poor memory, it was $350 plus $30 in shipping.

I got the scope on trade so it didn't hurt too bad. And now its perfecto.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So i just got done cleaning my MWS for the 1st time and man that was easy. As odd as it may be this was the 1st time i've cleaned a chrome bore and/or chrome BCG (never cleaned my DD and my 1st AR is unlined). Cleaning the chrome parts was almost effortless and the bore took about 1/3rd of the swabs as my unlined bore. I pulled the barrel out so the chamber was a breeze as well.

Does anyone have any tips on taking the 1/16th hex screw out of the bolt catch? I've snapped 2 allen wrenches already and the thing isn't budging. I cant believe how tight this thing is I noticed that with the mag out the bolt catch just flips up and down freely. I dont think it was like this before I shot yesterday but it could have been. Isn't it supposed to have a spring behind the lower part of it making sure the catch is disengaged when there's no mag or a loaded mag in place (like an AR15)? I think the spring may be caught on something in there because if i depress the lower half of the catch with some force i can feel a little "spring" reistence. It shouldn't cause the bolt to lock back prematurely unless i'm shooting upside down or something so I'm not that worried about it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Oh I can't wait till I move back to TX in Sept.......The MWS is the first rifle I am buying when I get back.......I keep reading this tread and Love to hear how accurate thay are.
    Keep this thread going.........

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Finally some footage I was after....

I think today's range report, and certainly the footage should redeem my last report's footage.

We knew we would be launching into extremely high winds for our neck of the woods today, but took the opportunity to put up some helium balloons at different intervals, and try our best to learn some more on wind reads. We brought in our steel to 800yds, and faced 17-22mph wind continuously while shooting. I wanted to really try and hone in my bullet trace footage as well, and I'm happy with how that went. The bang..............dings thankfully returned as well.

I shot some Barnes Vortx 150gr. TTSX @ 800yds for the fun of it to see if I could recover a round after it fully expanded on the steel...and I brought home a cool souvenir for sure

The MRP SPR was taken out today to further test the new ALG ACT trigger....logged quite a bit of rounds on it at 600yds + on steel. I'm uploading that footage after the .308 stuff. The ACT trigger is definitely not your everyday milspec single stager

Youtube footage....

High winds & .308s....LMT MWS / Rem 700 @ 800yds
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-23-12 at 01:47.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Cool..dig the sigs and jug
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Hi gents, I just can't refrain from sharing my excitement over the first range report with the new MWS .308..and figured the MRP SPR 5.56 might as well tag along. Since this is about .308 and 5.56 ARs, I hope AR GD was the best place for it.

Let me start out saying that besides stretching ARs out at long ranges on steel, I really enjoy shooting precision groupings which I believe is one of the best tools for examining a rifle's accuracy and precision. My normal accuracy evaluations consist of shooting multiple(2-4) groups of 10 rounds a piece, no called flyers, no cherry picking. I shoot from the prone position, supported in the rear, and a bipod up front. Distance is 100yds.

Conditions present
    over the 3 hrs(30min spent referring a cpl. of new AR owners to M4C) I spent during the range session were as follows:

TEMP: 42-47 degrees F
    Wind: N @ 6-8mph
    Humidity: 43%
    Pressure: 30.36 <---

Some pics of the setup and rifles used during the session:

Atlas V8 VS. Harris HBRMS
    ...will revisit this at the end.

The ARs used:

LMT MWS....Rock 16" CL .308 1/10....NXSc 2.5-10x24....KAC 2stage Match trigger...ATLAS V8 Bipod

LMT MRP SPR
    ....Rock 18" 5R SS 5.56 1/7...NXSc 2.5-10x32...GA SD-E.....Harris HBRMS Bipod

Trident, you covered everything exceptionally well in your range report, I read everything again and googled the Atlas V8. It's on my list as well as the LMT MWS .308. Very nice setup and I'm sure you're enjoying the hell outta it!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ultra nice rigs Buddy. Always good to see em in action.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast