Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Report...a few LMT monolithic railed ARs

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    I know the British are using it now, What kind of accuracy are they demanding?
    IIRC, the MoD requirements called for 800m torso shots with 149gr Radway ball (from the SS 16" barrel).

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Excellent range report, Trident! I'm just about speechless looking at those MWS results....

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looking forward to sme 1,000 yard videos...
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Spooky, Thanks pal If you haven't read this particular article than I highly recommend it. It lays out the facts in regards to your question really well, and when your done reading I bet you come to the same conclusion I did. I really do want that sexy .260rem that has been touted now for years in the LR competitions but if you can't roll your own, your immediately behind the eight ball the way I see it...even though SWammo has started to make some .260 ammo avail. for reasonable prices but SWammo isn't Hornady imho.

6.5 Creedmoor - .260 Done Right?

Other than deployment speed, the Atlas v8 is just that much better. If you shoot prone, in precision capacities, it's like cheating. I have to refrain from glowing on this issue as I'm just elated on the improvement that this bipod made upon the moment I loaded the bipod for the first shot I took yesterday. The movement and fluidity is outta this world as well.

I know I posted this pic above but maybe didn't stress why it was posted. This specific picture shows one of the main reasons why this bipod is the game changer that I believe it is.

Panning the legs forward, than adjusting the legs one or two notches to clear the mag, makes loading the bipod and just overall "driving" the rifle almost effortlessly. As you probably already know....loading a bipod correctly is absolutely crucial and very hard to properly do time in and time out, shot after shot.

The M118lr is hanging out with TAP T2 last time I heard
    Here's one for you... I got my original MRP chasis from Zak Smith in either 2003 or 2004 because it didn't shoot good enough for him!

Great article I have read several times - just seeing if you have any other original thoughts on it. I agree with the premise and design of the 6.5 CM - if you don't reload and like to shoot it is the best way to go. If you like to reload and have lots of patience for brass prep, the .260 Rem is very good.

I wonder if Noveske will do another run of their 6.5 CM barrels?

I'll have to learn to shoot prone better to appreciate the bipod I guess. Right now my Harris set up works well enough!

Spooky

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    this is on the top of my list for .308's. gorgeous.

did you stipple the grip, mag, covers?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Jsop....with your tastes in rifles, I'm pretty sure you could give a nice home to a loving MWS

There is amazing accuracy potential that lies within the LMT monolithic chassis, along with the way the barrel hooks up. The sky is truly the limit given one equips them with the right kit for this task, and a shooter is present behind the trigger. The chassis/barrel hookup design is totally unique in the AR world in regards to the total lack of barrel flex/whip, and the vastly superior heat dissipation properties it yields. Having your barrel stay cool while firing numerous rounds, and having no barrel movements exhibited while being firing is kinda advantageous to precision/accuracy

Your question in regards to MoD requirements for the contract was already answered above, however this article goes into the details a bit further and makes for a good read.

Crowned: L129A1

40Arpent
    ...Appreciate the kind words pal.

Jon...Videos of LR steel shooting are coming very soon, perhaps this time tomorrow I might have a little youtubage to post.

My HD/PD ammo for the MWS is the Barnes VOR-TX 150gr. TTSX....

10yd. water test:

Retained weight: 99.5%
    Expansion: .6235

ETA:

The BCGs in these MWSs are really something else...the pic below shows the broken down BCG after this first range session with it.

Last edited by ALCOAR; 12-19-11 at 22:23.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoot 1st View Post
    this is on the top of my list for .308's. gorgeous.

did you stipple the grip, mag, covers?
    I don't ever stipple the grips, however all my rifles have stippled panels, and pmags.

If your interested....here's a DIY tutorial I made for folks to use on the panels:

DIY: custom KAC rail panels

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    thanks!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My pleasure

So I didn't quite have the time very early this a.m. to hump my steel and LR video setup at the LR locale, and so I figured I would go ahead and do an ammo eval. on the Federal Vital Shok SGK 165gr. BTSP, and then get a solid 200yd zero in preperation for the first LR steel session. I'd be a fool at this point not to consider the Federal GMM 168gr. SMK my most accurate pill for this rifle, and thus that is what I used to get the new 200yd zero.

Extremely pleased with both results this morning...and it's really nice to see the Federal GMM 168gr. SMK produce the same group measurement at 200yd as those two above.

In an attempt to do as many ammo evals with the MWS as I can with premium factory ammo, I'm going with both types of ammo...precision, and hunting. So with that said, I didn't have the highest hopes for this Federal Premium Vital Shok 165gr. Sierra Gameking BTSP load in terms of accuracy. It totally surprised me and I've never had a SP type ammo turn in groups like this stuff.

Conditions:
    Temp: 52-54 degree F
    Wind: SSE at 6mph
    Humidity: 84%
    Pressure: 30.01 -->
    Elevation: 417ft. (forgot this above in the first report..same above)

Results:

200yd Zero: Federal GMM 168gr. Sierra MatchKing BTHP:

Unedited pic....

Federal Premium Vital Shok 165gr. Sierra GameKing BTSP:

Unedited pic....
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 12-20-11 at 14:56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very nice mate.

Thanks for taking the time to share your results.

Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    In case anyone is keeping score, Cameron just won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Cameron won again.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast