Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas shopping with my wife! (Finished!)

Feedback Score

Christmas shopping with my wife! (Finished!)

After a day of Christmas shopping with the wife, we diceded to stop in to my buddies shop and check things out. I wanted to see if he had any new handgaurds in, I wanted to change the current set up because I didn't like it.

My buddy brings out this Mega monolithic, which he has been waiting on for months, and of course my eyes lit up.

My wife turns to me and says; "You should get that one, its pretty". She did even bat an eye when I told her the price.

I love my wife!

I'll get some mere pictures for you guys when I get the barrel and BCG. I'm think of going with a Wilson Combat 16" SS barrel, JP break, and Wilson Combat BCG. Otherwise I will do a BCM pinned 14.5" and BCM BCG. I've used WC barrels and I love them. The only thing I've used from BCM is Gunfighter charging handles, and I love them.

How would you guys finish this off?

Sorry about the crummy picture, my camera is a POS.
    Last edited by Kickin-Ewoks; 12-17-11 at 21:33.

Feedback Score
    Nice! If you don't mind, how much?

Feedback Score
    I paid $585.00 for the upper.

I ended up trading my POS used upper in on it also, just so we didn't have to fork out the whole $585 right before Christmas. My buddy gave a good deal on the upper, which was great because I hated it.

I typically only use Mega upper and lower receivers, this build was the first time I decided to try something different. I started with a Smith & Wesson lower and a DSA upper, I was not impressed with the DSA upper. The S&W lower is sufficient and the Mega monolithic fits well.

I used a DTI barrel and a no name quad rail and that was a mistake....lesson learned.

I'll probably change out the S&W for a Mega billet lower for a better match.

I just have to decide on a barrel and BCG. maybe Colt?
    Last edited by Kickin-Ewoks; 12-20-11 at 19:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can't go wrong with a CHF barrel from DD. They make just about every length/profile/gas combo you can imagine.

How long is that rail, 7" or 9"?

Feedback Score
    Its a 9" mid-length.

I have been considering DD, Noveske, BCM, Wilson Combat, and Colt. Can't go wrong with any one of these choices.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Good choice in parts.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Noveske 12.5 or BCM 11.5

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt-45 View Post
    Good choice in parts.
    Thanks! I can't wait to kick this pig! I settled on a DD BCG and 16" barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    Noveske 12.5 or BCM 11.5
    I thought about going the SBR route.....and thought, and thought. I'm gun use this rifle for 3 gun and the range, at which I will be competing, has targets out to 200 yards, I don't think I want to go less than 16".

Although; I could go SBR with this rifle and build/buy another one for 3 gun.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickin-Ewoks View Post
    I thought about going the SBR route.....and thought, and thought. I'm gun use this rifle for 3 gun and the range, at which I will be competing, has targets out to 200 yards, I don't think I want to go less than 16".

Although; I could go SBR with this rifle and build/buy another one for 3 gun.
    Do you travel out of state often?

Why are you under the impression an SBR won't perform at 200 yards? I zero'd my 10.3" at 200 yards and my 12.5" at 300.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast