Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F&D Defense FD-308???

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

F&D Defense FD-308???

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=265622039

What's the story behind this? Looks like a hodgepodge of all the .308s, I came across it from the Hide where a member apparently paid 10k for a prototype

Anybody know anything about the company? Any working relations or just completely new company? I don't think I would ever buy one, but it seems pretty ambitious for a new upshoot

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pretty cool lookin' rifle. Much attention to detail.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ...that was funny as hell to hear that dialogue transpire.

I just happened to read that internet expert's very first reply about this rifle in the thread in question, and instantly thought....popcorn and lazyboy

For $10k, my decision would be already over....One EMC, another MWS, and a NF F1.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 12-18-11 at 21:52.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    ...that was funny as hell to hear that dialogue transpire.

I just happened to read that internet expert's very first reply about this rifle in the thread in question, and instantly thought....popcorn and lazyboy

For $10k, my decision would be already over....One EMC, another MWS, and a NF F1.
    Can you link to the thread? I'd like to read it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sure...dude's first reply starts on the second page with this in discussion titled something to the affect of "Best 7.62mm Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle"...

"The best 7.62 out there is the FD308 by F&D Defense, hands down. Nothing comes remotely close. I was able to acquire a prototype model from the owner and have been nothing less than astounded.

Note: I also currently own a LWRC REPR, LMT 308, and Larue OBR. I previously owned a POF 308, DPMS SASS, and KAC SR25.

I'll take my FD308... hands down... any day."

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...2976844&page=2

That reply is just so quintessential internet expert style

If you really want a thread that will have your stomach hurting.....
    Funny

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Sure...dude's first reply starts on the second page with this in discussion titled something to the affect of "Best 7.62mm Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle"...

"The best 7.62 out there is the FD308 by F&D Defense, hands down. Nothing comes remotely close. I was able to acquire a prototype model from the owner and have been nothing less than astounded.

Note: I also currently own a LWRC REPR, LMT 308, and Larue OBR. I previously owned a POF 308, DPMS SASS, and KAC SR25.

I'll take my FD308... hands down... any day."

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...2976844&page=2

That reply is just so quintessential internet expert style

If you really want a thread that will have your stomach hurting.....
    Funny
    Pretty funny. There are some characters on that forum.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's the only other forum I spend time on. I don't post much but actually read quite a bit in the tech precision sub forums, and the optics forum which I think is certainly the finest on the web. My favorite aspect to it is that it's the f**king wild wild west, you can't obviously bull shit tech stuff, and you can't do the name calling towards fellow members, however you can say just about anything your dirty mind and mouth desire
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-08-12 at 21:58.

Feedback Score
    I got to handle/fiddle with one of these today. I was told that the first 50 are in production at this time. The company co-owner is going to bring it out at one of our next SWAT sniper training days to let us get some rounds through it.

It does seem to be VERY well put together. Two of our guys are currently running OBR's and two are running bolt guns.

FYI - They are going for pre-order at $2850 right now and then will be $3250 (I believe) standard retail after they are up and running at full production. I have no stake in anything to do with them... just passing on info. They are working on a .338 Lapua model as well.

HTML Code:
    http://fd-defense.com/home

I love where we are located with Larue an hour north and now these guys are 20 mins south.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Very interesting - these guys are not new to machining and seem to have a very well put together rifle. I would like to see how these things stack up to the competition once they start trickling out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like a great rifle. Vastly, insanely, infinitely better than the others? No. I have been toying with the idea of a 338 semi-auto. This might be it in a year or two or three provided that I can combine it into a Birthday / Valentines Day / Anniversary Day present for my wife.

In the right venue you might get $10K worth of bragging rights. Where I shoot I doubt anyone at all would even notice.

FD homepage

FD ordering

Price is not too horrible. Maybe I can get her one for Christmas.

And they are piston guns! Sure to piss off the DI enthusiasts!

Buy one now before Freedom Group buys them up!
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 02-12-12 at 09:34.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast