Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F&D Defense FD-308???

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Why?

I don't understand the appeal of whipping a piston system on an AR platform and calling the latest and greatest, I get that this is a gross oversimplification of the rifle in question but still...

I don't get why people are looking for a semi-auto .308 that does sub 0.5 MOA, i think it's the wrong idea for the platform. It's not unreasonable to expect accuracy but if you're looking to drill golf balls at 600 yards your going to go with a different platform altogether! I'm more than happy with 1 MOA in my ARs in 5.56 and my LMT MWS in .308, they exceed this but I don't when not shooting from a bench.

I couldn't be happier with my LMT with the additional perk of not having to worry about proprietary parts from manufacturer who makes guns to order. If I decide I need a hole in something past 500 yards, I get out my bolt gun. I may be missing something but I just don't get it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by benthughes View Post
    ...I don't get why people are looking for a semi-auto .308 that does sub 0.5 MOA, i think it's the wrong idea for the platform. ...
    There are some in L/E that would like a .5 MOA semi auto for their tactical team.

It may be the wrong platform now, but they are hoping someone will improve on it until it is the right platform for their needs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123