Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surefire P2X Fury? Anybody Excited?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Surefire P2X Fury? Anybody Excited?

Is anyone excited yet? Because on paper, to me, they seem like the perfect tactical light.

500 lumens for about $155 bucks? I mean come on! Not to mention its made by Surefire!

Lets do a little checklist shall we?

TON of lumens? check

Dual output? check

Good runtime? check

Light weight? check

Interchangeable batteries with pistol lights? check

GREAT price? check

Made by surefire? check

Is it just me or is there a whole lot to love?

Please remove if a thread for the light already exists. My search didn't turn up anything.
    Last edited by HaydenB; 12-19-11 at 06:38.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I did a google search and find it offered for sale by multiple places but when I go to Surefires site and search for it the light doesnt show up at all.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That strikes me as too much light. Shoot... if I turn on my plain old Solarforce in the middle of the night, the light splash nearly knocks me down.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    I could see it as a good light to use on a traffic stop or search & rescue type ops. I dont know if I'd want 500 lumens in a dark building .
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That strikes me as too much light. Shoot... if I turn on my plain old Solarforce in the middle of the night, the light splash nearly knocks me down.
    Its not too much light. I used my Fury to good effect on a suspect hiding in the back sleeping are of a Semi truck. The light blinded the shit out of him and he complied with my commands and I could see everything in the sleeper area like it was day light. The one thing I don't like on this light is that I have to double tap to get it to 500 lums. I could do without the low setting entirely personally.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 06-28-12 at 21:05.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Its not too much light. I used my Fury to good effect on a suspect hiding in the back sleeping are of a Semi truck. The light blinded the shit out of him and he complied with my commands and I could see everything in the sleeper area like it was day light. The one thing I don't like on this light is that I have to double tap to get it to 500 lums. I could do without the low setting entirely personally.
    Pat
    Is good to see that you and docholliday01 do use the flashlight. I wanna get it but have to do it behind the wifey lol. What about battery. How long it last for you.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I did a google search and find it offered for sale by multiple places but when I go to Surefires site and search for it the light doesnt show up at all.
    The sites that have it for sale are just for pre-order.

I first heard about it here.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I simply upgraded my C2 Centurion. I ordered a Cree XML 520 lumen lamp and an 18650 Li-Ion rechargeable battery kit from LumaForce. Cost me $64 and a 6 pack of Corona to have a friend with a lathe open up the i.d. of the C2 body to accept the 18650. I now have a 520 lumen rechargeable flashlight that will fit in my pocket. I really appreciate the extra spill from this lamp when searching dark areas. It will light up an entire room!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It's an interesting light, and at a good price.

I don't know if it's ideal though as to output, and some of the dual mode switches on the newer Surefires are cumbersome.

If your eyes are adjusted for dark, 200 lumens is almost painful.

I see this having a use for a day shift light. Something if you were outside in sunlight, and went into a dark house or building, the light would be a good balance.

As for weapon lights, for use mounted on a blaster I like the tight focus of the X300s and the Scout.

More isn't always better...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    500 lumens is NOT too much light inside given a decent beam pattern and proper usage.

Looks like SF put an XM-L LED in a decently big reflector and hopefully the levels are controlled by loosening/tightening the bezel.

SF is finally starting to compete, now let's see if they can get into the rechargeable game as well.

Doh! Just checked and a couple websites say that the levels are controlled by clicking on/off... Geez, even the chinky tac lights moved away from that years ago!

Dennis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast