Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Surefire P2X Fury? Anybody Excited?

Feedback Score

Current SF AA flashlight

Not sure if you've seen this but SF offers a 2 x AA light, E2L Outdoorsman, dual output - 80/3 lumens, a little long at 6.6" but
    with a runtime of 9/60 hours, it would be a good EDC light.

http://www.surefire.com/E2LAA-Outdoorsman

Maybe they will have a better selection next year.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    LED's still need power and can require high current draw so they generally run more efficiently with Lithium batteries, either primary or rechargeable. Also, AA's can leak and have much worse power/weight/size ratio than 123's.

That said, this is a much more inspiring and proven AA light using the most current XM-L LED that is also on sale right now!

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info....oducts_id=2687

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    My Lx2 is "missing". Between my six year old son and some contractors we had to do some HVAC work I'm not sure who 'misplaced' it. I tore my house apart. I cried.
    It sucks to hear about your LX2 getting misplaced. I had an X300 do the same thing last year at a range. Funny how nice stuff likes to run away from home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use an LX2 Lumamax with the now discontinued FM55 red filter. I really like this light.

I want to get the new Fury just for kicks.
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score

any new input??

I been looking for a second flashlight, I have a streamlight but a lot of my coworkers tell me surefire is excellent. I was looking into the Fury but would like to hear from here what you think of it, have you used it? anything you can add here I would really appreciate.

Also can you use the V85A speed holster with this light? thanks!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelowrey View Post
    I been looking for a second flashlight, I have a streamlight but a lot of my coworkers tell me surefire is excellent. I was looking into the Fury but would like to hear from here what you think of it, have you used it? anything you can add here I would really appreciate.

Also can you use the V85A speed holster with this light? thanks!
    Mike, you can use the speed holster . I carry mine on duty Bezel down. I have had it for a couple months now and it is a typical Surefire. My only complaint is I wish the 500 beam was a little tighter. I paid $120 for mine from BCM.
    Last edited by DocHolliday01; 06-28-12 at 20:25.
    There is a fight, that began before any of us were ever born. It will continue, long after we have retired, moved on, and left this world. It is a fight for the soccer mom next door, your mailman, the guy that bags your groceries, and most importantly, it is a fight for your family. We are in a daily battle not for land, not for resources or colonial controls...we are in a fight for our very way of life

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That strikes me as too much light. Shoot... if I turn on my plain old Solarforce in the middle of the night, the light splash nearly knocks me down.
    Its not too much light. I used my Fury to good effect on a suspect hiding in the back sleeping are of a Semi truck. The light blinded the shit out of him and he complied with my commands and I could see everything in the sleeper area like it was day light. The one thing I don't like on this light is that I have to double tap to get it to 500 lums. I could do without the low setting entirely personally.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 06-28-12 at 21:05.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday01 View Post
    Mike, you can use the speed holster . I carry mine on duty Bezel down. I have had it for a couple months now and it is a typical Surefire. My only complaint is I wish the 500 beam was a little tighter. I paid $120 for mine from BCM.
    What do you mean by bezel down? The reason why I ask is because I called surefire wit the same question and she told me bezel up...?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Its not too much light. I used my Fury to good effect on a suspect hiding in the back sleeping are of a Semi truck. The light blinded the shit out of him and he complied with my commands and I could see everything in the sleeper area like it was day light. The one thing I don't like on this light is that I have to double tap to get it to 500 lums. I could do without the low setting entirely personally.
    Pat
    Is good to see that you and docholliday01 do use the flashlight. I wanna get it but have to do it behind the wifey lol. What about battery. How long it last for you.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelowrey View Post
    What do you mean by bezel down? The reason why I ask is because I called surefire wit the same question and she told me bezel up...?
    Bezel down means lens pointed down towards the ground. Bezel up means light pointed up towards the sky. I have not worn out my first set of batteries yet and I have had it for a few months.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast