Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Surefire P2X Fury? Anybody Excited?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Bezel down means lens pointed down towards the ground. Bezel up means light pointed up towards the sky. I have not worn out my first set of batteries yet and I have had it for a few months.
    Pat
    Interesting. an XM-L driven at the amperage required to get 500 OTF lumens will go through a set of CR123's in about 30 minutes, give or take. Their 1.5 hour runtime is VERY misleading, as it includes the time that it takes after it drops out of regulation to hit 50 lumens output.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Interesting. an XM-L driven at the amperage required to get 500 OTF lumens will go through a set of CR123's in about 30 minutes, give or take. Their 1.5 hour runtime is VERY misleading, as it includes the time that it takes after it drops out of regulation to hit 500 lumens output.
    I agree, this is why I tried the Fury and sold mine.

Working the midnight tour, it's essential to have a dependable/hassle free flashlight. While the Fury puts out an amazing amount of light, I didn't like the two-mode function and I was worried about the batteries dying at the most inopportune time. That's why I went back to the G2X.

For those insisting on the Fury, make sure you get the newer version with the glass lens (as opposed to the earlier polycarbonate lens).

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPM14430 View Post

Working the midnight tour, it's essential to have a dependable/hassle free flashlight. While the Fury puts out an amazing amount of light, I didn't like the two-mode function and I was worried about the batteries dying at the most inopportune time. That's why I went back to the G2X.

For those insisting on the Fury, make sure you get the newer version with the glass lens (as opposed to the earlier polycarbonate lens).
    If you have a Surefire 6P, it's cheaper just to pay $45 or $50 for a fully potted 550 OTF Lumen XML drop-in from nail-bender. Mine performs at LEAST as well as the one shown in Surefire's website-embedded video of the Fury. Yes, they can be had with multiple modes, as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SPM14430 View Post

Thanks SPM14430 for that input for midnight workers, I actually do midnights too and your pov is crucial for me. I do like the output of the light just like you said it looks very bright, but at the same time I need a dependable light that wont fail me when I need it the most. I believe I will have to look into the G2X. Fury would have to invite me to diner to convince me

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Interesting. an XM-L driven at the amperage required to get 500 OTF lumens will go through a set of CR123's in about 30 minutes, give or take. Their 1.5 hour runtime is VERY misleading, as it includes the time that it takes after it drops out of regulation to hit 50 lumens output.
    30 minutes is fine in a patrol light. When I started work that was all you got out of the halogine lights. As for batteries dying when you don't want them too that is an operator issue. Carry more than one light with you and check your light often and carry spare batteries.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I always hated when my SL20x would die during a shift so I started carrying an extra charged battery stick. Even then it would die when I was away from my car so I would be to my backup 6P.

Nowadays with super efficient LEDs, small rechargeable li-ion batteries, and multi-level lights you never need to be without your primary light and can have a fresh charge with every shift!

Of course, I still carry a backup or three

Feedback Score

more than 1

That's good to hear all of you either have spare batteries or carry a second one. I only carry one (SL Stinger) rechargeable which has die on me on the most critical time. I was thinking of switching to a battery surefire one and having the SL on the side charged as a backup.

As a matter of fact she die on me on a car stop last week and guess what... that was a hint for him to speed away, which he did...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Bezel down means lens pointed down towards the ground. Bezel up means light pointed up towards the sky. I have not worn out my first set of batteries yet and I have had it for a few months.
    Pat
    My experience is the same as Pat's. i have had my light for a few months now and have been on midnights now for about 3 months and have3 used the light at least 6 different times and it is still on its first set of batteries.

FWIW i carry an E2D LED in my pocket as well at a stinger in my vehicle. I also have an x300 on my pistol and a 600C Scout on my rifle. I have no shortage of light at my disposal.
    Last edited by DocHolliday01; 07-04-12 at 02:04.
    There is a fight, that began before any of us were ever born. It will continue, long after we have retired, moved on, and left this world. It is a fight for the soccer mom next door, your mailman, the guy that bags your groceries, and most importantly, it is a fight for your family. We are in a daily battle not for land, not for resources or colonial controls...we are in a fight for our very way of life

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

WTK from Dennis re. the Fury Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I always hated when my SL20x would die during a shift so I started carrying an extra charged battery stick. Even then it would die when I was away from my car so I would be to my backup 6P.

Nowadays with super efficient LEDs, small rechargeable li-ion batteries, and multi-level lights you never need to be without your primary light and can have a fresh charge with every shift!

Of course, I still carry a backup or three
    Dennis who is IMO a light SME, have you had a hands on yet w/ the Fury Defender that has the clicky TC?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile53 View Post
    Dennis who is IMO a light SME, have you had a hands on yet w/ the Fury Defender that has the clicky TC?
    Nope. I have no interest in lights that change levels with each click.

Dennis.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast