Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Surefire P2X Fury? Anybody Excited?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I simply upgraded my C2 Centurion. I ordered a Cree XML 520 lumen lamp and an 18650 Li-Ion rechargeable battery kit from LumaForce. Cost me $64 and a 6 pack of Corona to have a friend with a lathe open up the i.d. of the C2 body to accept the 18650. I now have a 520 lumen rechargeable flashlight that will fit in my pocket. I really appreciate the extra spill from this lamp when searching dark areas. It will light up an entire room!
    I have an M2 Millenium I'd like to do this to it..... any photos or yours in use and a modification tutorial (in a new thread) ?
    Last edited by M4Fundi; 07-10-12 at 03:56.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

SF Defender Followup

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Nope. I have no interest in lights that change levels with each click.

Dennis.
    This model Fury (Defender P2XD-A-BK) has a clicky TC w/ a single stage switch & single level output.

Received a confirmation from a SF dealer today as one of their reps. was running one in a SH class this Spring.
    A search on fleabay will yield two NIW w/ the described single stage TC.
    Last edited by Agile53; 07-10-12 at 10:26.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile53 View Post
    This model Fury (Defender P2XD-A-BK) has a clicky TC w/ a single stage switch & single level output.

Received a confirmation from a SF dealer today as one of their reps. was running one in a SH class this Spring.
    A search on fleabay will yield two NIW w/ the described single stage TC.
    I am sure a single output XM-L light from SF would be solid and the larger bezel size hints at a larger/deeper reflector that would provide a good balance of throw and flood since the XM-L is a rather floody LED.

My issues/questions would be:
    • No forward spring in the battery compartment as the other P2's? This would preclude reliable weapon mounting.
    • No support for "standard" 18650 rechargeable batteries, only much lower capacity SF rechargeables.
    • Only one mode is both a blessing and a curse, especially with such high output. Sometimes less light is good especially if you need more runtime.

I don't think you could go wrong choosing this light, but I would likely not choose it given the limitations above with many other more capable lights on the market.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I am sure a single output XM-L light from SF would be solid and the larger bezel size hints at a larger/deeper reflector that would provide a good balance of throw and flood since the XM-L is a rather floody LED.

My issues/questions would be:
    • No forward spring in the battery compartment as the other P2's? This would preclude reliable weapon mounting.
    • No support for "standard" 18650 rechargeable batteries, only much lower capacity SF rechargeables.
    • Only one mode is both a blessing and a curse, especially with such high output. Sometimes less light is good especially if you need more runtime.

I don't think you could go wrong choosing this light, but I would likely not choose it given the limitations above with many other more capable lights on the market.

Dennis.
    Exactly why I was wanting your feedback. Pat (LF Pat) has got some in for T&E on his loaner BCM carbs, so time will tell.

I'm tracking w/ you re. the spring for recoil absorbtion, the other two issues are non-starters for me but that is just me.

Going to replace a mini-Scout & a G2X Tact. w/ Fury Defenders on two ARs. The diff. here being a big boost in lmns., again time will tell.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    I just got mine today. $125 with free shipping from aim surplus. So far I like what I see. Good long range with good spill. So far every drop in I've tried had a compromise. There wasn't enough long range, there wasn't enough spill or there was a gap between the wide spill the center illumination with the cheap Cree drop ins.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    The UPS man brought mine ("Fury Tactical") yesterday.

I fully concur with Caesar's comments. Really like this light so far.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345