Thread: Foodsaver Vacuum sealer

Feedback Score

Foodsaver Vacuum sealer

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which brand to look for. Also any info on a good retalier would be nice.
    Has anyone seen one that is plug in or battery operated?
    Last edited by NC_DAVE; 12-22-11 at 10:07. Reason: added content

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Check Cabelas or Pleasant Hill Grain. I forgot which one, but one or both has one that does AC and DC.

I had my wife buy one at Costco not too long ago and buy the newest Food Saver band model but I have not been home to try it yet. It was $120 after the $30 rebate.
    Last edited by Dave L.; 12-22-11 at 11:00.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    The only experiance I have are with the Food Saver branded ones. They seem to work good with me and have paid for themselves quickly when I buy/get meat in bulk and package it for later use. BTW, the Costco deal is GREAT!
    We are the first Warrior class in any Civilization to be provided with weapons and no belief system...... Dave Smith

Feedback Score
    I have a FoodSaver brand as well and really like it, particularly the containers and the attachment that lets me vacuum seal canning jars. I pressure can a lot and it's not a good idea to do that with glass jars that aren't really canning jars, though many people do. There is, however, no reason not to use those jars for vacuum sealing with the FoodSaver. Sometimes they won't seal, but friends and family all save them for me so they are free and there's no reason not to try. Quart vacuum storage for the cost of a jar lid.

John

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerFired View Post
    The only experiance I have are with the Food Saver branded ones. They seem to work good with me and have paid for themselves quickly when I buy/get meat in bulk and package it for later use. BTW, the Costco deal is GREAT!
    I'll second this. mine is a Food Saver from Costco and I dont think you're gunna beat that deal. It came with a few containers and gizmos too. Mine has been gonig strong for about 4 years and if it breaks, I'll take it back and get a new one. Get the refill box too, it will last you a while!

Feedback Score
    If it is a synthetic wig, you need to take into account the comfort and the occasion for which you want to wear it.
    And if it is a human hair wig buying guide, you have to read it first.
    Indeed, it requires serious maintenance and a hairstyle after each wash for its durability.
    By cons for a synthetic wig, you do not need all this time for it to become again as before washing.
    The artichle is detailed and erase my doubts.
    Last edited by Latios; 02-22-20 at 21:30.

Feedback Score
    Funny you asked. I've wanted one for years and then found one, NIB, at a yard sale this past Saturday. Came with bags and all. The wife said it was a Xmas present from Hubby that she thought needed a better home. Cost: $5.00. Might want to check out yard sales too. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use a Foodsaver for sous vide, which I do a lot. The criteria established by my home Secretary of Kitchen Aesthetics mandated that it not be a bulky countertop appliance. It had to be cabinet-friendly and easily storeable out of sight. I went with the petite but robust Foodsaver FM2000. $72 on Amazon.

Upstate NY Otsego Lake area, Fl, Carib. & Panama, depending on the sailing season and my mood.
    Feedback Score
    I have a FoodSaver "Gamesaver Delux" and it gets used a lot. I've had it for 3 years and not a single problem.

I use it for processed game which in the case of a deer for example means that it runs a lot of packages at one session. We also use it for the day to day things like when the wife buys bulk food items and we parse it up into smaller portions. I guess what I'm getting at is that mine gets a lot of use and is holding up well.

Are there better ones out there? Yeah probably but the price was right on this (about $75 on Amazon) and it also does the mason jars.

Just my experience thus far.
    Last edited by Pathfinder Ops; 09-29-16 at 09:52.
    Ed Fernley
    Pathfinder Operations
    Semper Primus!

"I'M THE ONE WHO BARKED AT THUNDER, ROARED AT LIGHTENING, MADE DEATH WONDER."

AND

“Wherever I go, everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
    Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.
    Whenever I return home, everyone is happy I am there.
    It's a better life!”- Robert L. Humphrey “Warriors Creed"

"John has a long mustache."