Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your range bag essentials?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think that everything I have in my range bag has been covered by this thread except one. A box of staples for when my stapler runs out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I think that everything I have in my range bag has been covered by this thread except one. A box of staples for when my stapler runs out.
    Good point. We ran into that issue yesterday.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Basic gun maintenance Tool/Cleaning Kit so that little things will not interrupt the fun. Extra foam ear plugs for the same people who always seem to forget that things can get a little loud while shooting. Bandaids/"New Skin" Liquid Bandage....... and the Trauma Kit mentioned above (with at least 1 Bolin Chest Shield) if something really goes wrong.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    1. hearing protection (w/ backup buds)
    2. Knife
    3. Duct Tape
    4. Perm markers
    5. cleaning kit
    6. multi-tool
    7. small rear bag
    8. eye protection

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    All of the above plus hand sanitizer and some snacks if you plan on being out there a while.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    The standards listed above, several times, plus a tourniquet and GSW blow-out kit.
    "You get more with a kind word and a gun, than a gun alone"- Al Capone

"By the way, it's inches that I'm giving you..."
    - Roman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I only have a couple things to add to the list that haven't been covered yet...

Some twine because one of the ranges I shoot at has steel posts in the ground with string to hold your targets up. This way if there isn't any twine and I forgot my target stands I can still or can use my stands plus the twine for multiple targets if nobody is around.

I also carry binder clips for holding my targets to the twine. They're dirt cheap and hold well.

Others have mentioned water. I like my metal water bottle with sport lid that doesn't require me to touch it with dirty hands or my plastic bike bottle that has the sport lid PLUS a plastic cone over it so it's lead/dust free.
    I recently fell in love with the "Hydro Flask". It's a double walled stainless water bottle. It's amazing. Comes in 21oz, 40oz and 3 liter (I think). I've got the 40oz & it's perfect for keeping some coffee hot on a cold day or ensuring that I have plenty of cold water for long days in warm weather.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Food!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Colt 6920 View Post
    All of the above plus hand sanitizer and some snacks if you plan on being out there a while.
    This was going to be my addition. I keep my bag pretty well stocked with everything listed above, but started keeping trail mix/energy bars because I'd race to the range and forget to eat.

I started keeping a "clip-clip" in there for indoor ranges as well. When paper targets fly around in drafts, it helps keep them in check.
    Last edited by Atchcraft; 02-14-12 at 11:24.

Feedback Score
    Ear pro, eye pro, hat, gloves, lube, and that pretty much covers it besides ammunition, mags, targets, and that stuff.

If I didn't have a knife, multi-tool, long sleeves, etc on me at the time I will throw those other things into it.
    Luck is awesome. The more proficient you are at what you do the luckier you seem to be.

Do what you love and love what you do.

Shooter and survivalist by hobby.

Feedback Score

Other than what has been brought up...

I went to an outdoor range for the first time, I brought binoculars and shoot-n-cs.

If you are looking for a faster way to load a magazine other than the uplulas, try buying stripper clips. You can load 10 at a time and it's reasonably cheap.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast